cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z390-E Gaming 4133Mhz ram instability

qlfenv
Level 7
A-Data SPectrix 4133 4x8gb sticks 19-23-23-45 at 1.4v not stable on z390-e gaming.
Changing vccsa vccio doesn't help. Going Dimm voltage up to 1.5 doesn't help so i guess the motherboard is not optimised for this memory.
I settled on 3800 16-16-16-34 at 1.4v vdimm with every subtiming at very very tight values working just fine on 1.25 IO/SA. What can i do to run 4000 or more on this combo? I have a 9900k R0.
Loosening the timings even more than the default xmp profile doesn't do anything so i guess i hit a wall on the motherboard which is weird. this mb can do up to 4266 so there must be some tweaks that i can do to make it work. I only mess with primaries, secondaries, tertiary and some voltages as vccio/vccsa/vdimm. Help please.

UPDATE: It was these settings:
ODT RTT PARK (CHA) [Auto]
ODT RTT PARK (CHB) [Auto
Change them to 40 48 and you're good. There is hope afterall. Your 9900ks might not have a trash IMC and your board might not have to be replaced. Read the thread for more details.
14 REPLIES 14

Enderwiggin03
Level 7
Good luck, I have the same board and I couldn't get any higher than 4000mhz with my setup. I honestly think getting the higher frequencies require the exact kits in the QVL.

Enderwiggin03 wrote:
Good luck, I have the same board and I couldn't get any higher than 4000mhz with my setup. I honestly think getting the higher frequencies require the exact kits in the QVL.

BRO!!! I just managed to fix the god damn problem. It's not related to CPU's IMC or wahtever its the ****ing ODT settings(on die termination impedance) found on skew control under dram timings configuration. The motherboard doesn't set that correctly so i configured them manually. There are 6 options so in order i set 80 34 34 80 34 34 (basically the lowest impedance), and it ****ign fixed everything. I'm almost convinced that the qvl memory has these set correctly while non qvl has to be tweaked. I'm running now 4400mhz cl19 on my Z390-E gaming.

UPDATE: i managed to only edit PARK value cuz that has something to do with PROCodt which is the main clock to 40 the rest on auto and everything is perfect. on the first values i posted i had a bit of perf loss.

Mappi75
Level 8
Hello,

did you fix
ODT RTT PARK (CHB) [Auto]

Both to 40 - thats all?

Mappi75 wrote:
Hello,

did you fix

Both to 40 - thats all?

Yea, only the park values need to be tweaked. Theoretically, more of this is might be needed for stability, it's trial and error.
It's ram kit dependant. I set mine to 40. Try what works for your kit, but lower means that the resistance is lower so the signal integrity will be kept.

Mappi75 wrote:
Hello,

did you fix

Both to 40 - thats all?

Tried this, the board wasn't having it, sadly. Back to 4000mhz.

Enderwiggin03 wrote:
Tried this, the board wasn't having it, sadly. Back to 4000mhz.

Keep in mind guys that this is kit dependant. Mine like lower values. Some likes it 0, or off. Some needs 120 or other values. It's trial and error, and it definitely helped me bacause i run my kit at 4400cl19 on a 4266 limited mb.

qlfenv wrote:
Keep in mind guys that this is kit dependant. Mine like lower values. Some likes it 0, or off. Some needs 120 or other values. It's trial and error, and it definitely helped me bacause i run my kit at 4400cl19 on a 4266 limited mb.

Well, in my case it won't even post with XMP turned on...

Enderwiggin03 wrote:
Well, in my case it won't even post with XMP turned on...

Then you might be limited by other factors like a broken stick or cpu imc is meh.

qlfenv wrote:
Then you might be limited by other factors like a broken stick or cpu imc is meh.

Nah, I've tried different ram, and my previous 9900k couldn't do it either.