cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z370 DRIVER UPDATES as of 7/25/2018

theWanderer521
Level 7
ASUS rolled out various updates for all Drivers. Kindly check your respective MOBO Driver & Tools page

Improve system stability & Support Windows 10 latest version.
NOTICE:
Due to the different structure for drivers, suggest you remove the old driver first before install this version driver.

VGA
Audio Drivers
LAN
Wi-fi Driver
Chipset
Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver software
Bluetooth

Please feel free to comment for any problems regarding the updates. Have a great day everyone!
80 REPLIES 80

katlani wrote:
It seems like this driver has some new structure, where the Realtek HD Audio Driver turns into Realtek(R) Audio, and it uses some more generic driver where also Realtek HD Audio Manager have been UMP-ed into Realtek Audio Console, that includes DTS Headphone:X v1 (DTS Audio v1.2.3.0) as an add-on application within.

This means both Realtek HD Audio Manager and DTS Audio (v1.0.73) are no longer required.
The downside here is that these UMP apps are not designed to have an icon on the notification area, so no quick way to access them but the Start Menu.
I guess more and more driver software are going with this UMP method to get their drivers applicable across any device running Windows 10.

As for your question, Inside Realtek Audio Console you will find DTS Headphone: X v1 link to open the program, but it can be opened from the Start Menu shortcut too individually.

If anyone has any idea how to get these 2 applications to be accessible from the Notification Area, i would really like to know how (both Realtek HD Audio Manager and DTS Audio were having an icon in there).

That's my problem, I'm not using headphones. I have an optical cable connected from the PRIME Z370-A to the spdif input of a receiver. with the previous drivers I could get dts sound in real time in all my speakers (5.1) by selecting "interactive dts" in the sampling rate and bit depth of the realtek control panel. But now I do not see "dts interactive" in the new realtek audio console and I only get sound from two speakers. Will I have to go back to the old drivers? thanks for your help.

katlani
Level 9
To be honest i think that's just the name of the app, since the installation file itself has HPX suffix, which stands for Headphone X.
I have that application installed along with the Realtek Audio Console, as it is also part of the bundle, and its accessible either via the console (from Speakers tab, clicking on the DTS logo), or via the application GUI executable itself.

Within Speakers tab i can also see DTS Connect which is used for 5.1/7.1 setups but its grayed out in my case since i only have analog headphones setup.
So i guess the application is the same as you had, just upgraded, could be wrong though, all depends if you have that application installed and accessible from within the console or outside of it.

katlani wrote:
To be honest i think that's just the name of the app, since the installation file itself has HPX suffix, which stands for Headphone X.
I have that application installed along with the Realtek Audio Console, as it is also part of the bundle, and its accessible either via the console (from Speakers tab, clicking on the DTS logo), or via the application GUI executable itself.

Within Speakers tab i can also see DTS Connect which is used for 5.1/7.1 setups but its grayed out in my case since i only have analog headphones setup.
So i guess the application is the same as you had, just upgraded, could be wrong though, all depends if you have that application installed and accessible from within the console or outside of it.

yes, i can access headphone x and i also see dts connect. but those settings only simulate the audio dts for the green output (L / R line out). I obtained dts in real time by the spdif connector that decompressed the digital sound and transmitted it to the 5 speakers. This feature was obtained by selecting "dts interactive" in the sampling rate of Realtek digital output (different from the output of the speakers). The truth, just for that characteristic I bought this motherboard (it was between the PRIME Z370-A and the ASROCK Z370 EXTREME 4, since they are the only motherboards certified to obtain real-time dts) and with these new drivers I do not achieve get that sound. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but if not, I'll go back to the old drivers even if they sound worse.

How to get the original sytem wide Realtek Soundeffect Equalizer back with Realtek_Audio_8496_WHQL_HPX ?
The dts addon sounds always bloated and without an EQ headphones on the Z370-A sound like crap due to its high output impedance.

pokuly wrote:
How to get the original sytem wide Realtek Soundeffect Equalizer back with Realtek_Audio_8496_WHQL_HPX ?
The dts addon sounds always bloated and without an EQ headphones on the Z370-A sound like crap due to its high output impedance.

Hmm the Realtek Audio Console also has its own equalizer options such as environment, etc, for the digital output option.
I don't quite remember but did the Realtek HD Audio Manager have such when headphones/speakers were connected (green line out)?

Seems like this is a universal driver with a UMP'ed interface, lacking a lot of the old manager options.
I just hope ASUS did not rob us from the original Realtek HD Audio Manager interface and features for no good reason.

I cant even find a way to have the Realtek Audio Console or the DTS Headphone:X v1 to appear on the system tray (it simply doest have that option nor does it install it in a way that it does appear there)

katlani wrote:
Hmm the Realtek Audio Console also has its own equalizer options such as environment, etc, for the digital output option.
I don't quite remember but did the Realtek HD Audio Manager have such when headphones/speakers were connected (green line out)?

Seems like this is a universal driver with a UMP'ed interface, lacking a lot of the old manager options.
I just hope ASUS did not rob us from the original Realtek HD Audio Manager interface and features for no good reason.

I cant even find a way to have the Realtek Audio Console or the DTS Headphone:X v1 to appear on the system tray (it simply doest have that option nor does it install it in a way that it does appear there)

The new audio console has no EQ for the headphones om the FP here. Also like you i miss the system tray Audio-Manager for quick access. This is a pretty new board and drivers already behave like compatibility mode for old crappy hardware.

katlani
Level 9
Yes exactly... but I guess that staying behind with a 1.5 years outdated driver can result in new titles' issues in the future or general incompatiblity with latest windows 10 releases. Alas, updating feels like a lack of options, even if some features are lost along the way.

At least it is possible to mix the old installer with recent HDA drivers.

katlani
Level 9
Yes it is, not sure if its a problem even (a conflict perhaps when 2 audio mangers manage the same driver), i also see you have installed a later version of the drivers and not the one's coming from the motherboard page.
I found some more input on the difference between the Realtek HDA and UAD driver/software, just seems like UAD is a step in the desired direction..

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/realtek-hda-versus-uad-drivers.246324/

katlani wrote:
Yes it is, not sure if its a problem even (a conflict perhaps when 2 audio mangers manage the same driver), i also see you have installed a later version of the drivers and not the one's coming from the motherboard page.
I found some more input on the difference between the Realtek HDA and UAD driver/software, just seems like UAD is a step in the desired direction..

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/realtek-hda-versus-uad-drivers.246324/

I added the recent HDA driver to the old HDA intaller. No traces of UAD left. Maybe they re-add more features like the EQ to future UAD versions.