cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z-390i - latest firmware - Can't configure M.2_1 to use SATA.

warrioroc
Level 7
I've read the manual, the configuration items it refers to are not present.

I've played with the Intel rapid storage stuff, switching to AHCI. No change.

Two major things stand out to me:
- under the NVME menu, it shows no NVMe devices installed, yet windows confirms the connection is pci/NVMe
- graphics card does not populate in the tool tab for asus gpu post (normal?)

This is a stable system, not currently OC'd, no other problems....

Using a
Gigabyte AORUS NVMe Gen4 M.2 1TB PCI-Express 4.0

Did a BIOS update change how this gets configured or am I missing something here?
2 REPLIES 2

Jesseinsf
Level 10
warrioroc wrote:
I've read the manual, the configuration items it refers to are not present.

I've played with the Intel rapid storage stuff, switching to AHCI. No change.

Two major things stand out to me:
- under the NVME menu, it shows no NVMe devices installed, yet windows confirms the connection is pci/NVMe
- graphics card does not populate in the tool tab for asus gpu post (normal?)

This is a stable system, not currently OC'd, no other problems....

Using a
Gigabyte AORUS NVMe Gen4 M.2 1TB PCI-Express 4.0

Did a BIOS update change how this gets configured or am I missing something here?

In order to have the M.2 to use the SATA interface, you first need to use an NVMe SSD that uses the SATA interface and not the PCIe interface. Second, the drive also has to use an M.2 that communicates through the intel chipset, not direct PCI lanes. As for the Video card not showing in the BIOS, You need an Asus NVidia 10 series or less to be able to see it in the BIOS. So yes, 20 and 30 series cards will not show and that is normal

AORUS NVMe Gen4 SSD 1TB does not support the SATA interface.

Jesseinsf wrote:
In order to have the M.2 to use the SATA interface, you first need to use an NVMe SSD that uses the SATA interface and not the PCIe interface. Second, the drive also has to use an M.2 that communicates through the intel chipset, not direct PCI lanes. As for the Video card not showing in the BIOS, You need an Asus NVidia 10 series or less to be able to see it in the BIOS. So yes, 20 and 30 series cards will not show and that is normal

AORUS NVMe Gen4 SSD 1TB does not support the SATA interface.

Ahhhh hahaha..... 😞

Welp. Thank you!!