cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 Detects new hardware on boot Maximus Hero Wifi z390

Anolin
Level 9
So, this is kind of a weird one...

Every time I boot into Windows, I get the detect new hardware sound (The same sound you get when you plug in a flash drive), and it takes a half second for my USB mouse/keyboard to light up and become usable. No notifications in Windows, but when I do load up UbiSoft Connect, it does say "new controller detected" - even though I only use KB+M.

Is there some setting in the BIOS I'm missing? I've tried every single USB port on the back of the motherboard, and does the same thing.

Secure boot and CSM are set to Other OS and disabled. USB settings in the BIOS haven't been changed, and I'm running 1704 which works fine. It did the same thing with the previous version too.

The mouse and keyboard work fine in the BIOS and they work fine in Windows... but it's like when the BIOS hands off the USB to Windows, there's a slight delay and Windows thinks it was just plugged in.

No extra devices show in device manager, nor are there any that are "grayed" out. And event logs don't show anything either. Finally, there are no drivers for my mouse and keyboard - just RGB software that I don't use.

It's not a problem either - just more of an annoyance.

Weird!
1,077 Views
6 REPLIES 6

Wangeyed
Level 9
i also have this isuue with z390 strix im not sure what its detecting ive just got used to it, have you got anything logitech?

Wangeyed wrote:
i also have this isuue with z390 strix im not sure what its detecting ive just got used to it, have you got anything logitech?


Nope, no Logitech. My keyboard is an older iBuyPower Mechanical keyboard from when I bought a prebuilt years ago (don't laugh, but it works great!), and my mouse is Glorious Model O.

And yeah, I've just gotten used to it as well - just didn't know if there was a "fix" because technically nothing is wrong.

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

If you use keyboard/mouse with configurable macro, in order to be able to assign macros globally, accessory manufacturers such as Logitech install virtual devices visible via your Device Manager > Human Interface Devices (example for Logitech : Logitech G HUB Virtual Keyboard/Mouse).

If this (new hardware sound) really bothers you and you don't use macro, you can uninstall these virtual devices (but they will likely be reinstalled the next time you update or uninstall/install your device manufacturer's software).

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

If you use keyboard/mouse with configurable macro, in order to be able to assign macros globally, accessory manufacturers such as Logitech install virtual devices visible via your Device Manager > Human Interface Devices (example for Logitech : Logitech G HUB Virtual Keyboard/Mouse).

If this (new hardware sound) really bothers you and you don't use macro, you can uninstall these virtual devices (but they will likely be reinstalled the next time you update or uninstall/install your device manufacturer's software).


Hey MoKiChU!

First of all, thank you SO much for your drivers! You rock!

Secondly, no macro's are being used, so it's not that. My keyboard is an older iBuyPower keyboard (don't laugh - it's mechanical and still works like a charm!) - it does support macro's, but I don't have any software installed for it. The mouse is a Glorious Model O. Weird thing is that I can plug them up to another computer and this doesn't happen (obviously different motherboard).

It's no biggie - as everything works, I just found it kinda weird hearing the detect new hardware sound every single time I boot into Windows.

but your keyboard supports macros? like mochiku said it sounds like its the virtual mouse or keyboard that comes with certain devices, go in device manager and do you see anything "virtual" under human interface devices

btw if you find a fix for this please message me

Wangeyed wrote:
but your keyboard supports macros? like mochiku said it sounds like its the virtual mouse or keyboard that comes with certain devices, go in device manager and do you see anything "virtual" under human interface devices

btw if you find a fix for this please message me


Nope, nothing there as you can see via my screenshot. Thanks though!