cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi antenna from Maximus VIII Hero to X Hero

InToSSH
Level 7
Hey guys,
so I just got my new Maximus X Hero (AC), but I found out that the antenna, although it looks pretty, is kinda bad, since it doesn't have a magnet and is not that stable, so it's always flopping around my desk. The one which came with my Maximus VIII Hero was much better, you could twist it to unfold to 90 degrees and it had a magnet so I could stick it to side of my case.
Question is, can I use this old antenna for the new X Hero? I am not sure if it supports the MU-MIMO or not.

PS. Yes, I use Wifi, my gf drove me out of the living room to a room with no ethernet cable. 😄
Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) / Core i7-8700k / Asus Strix GTX1070 Ti / Corsair Vengeance LED RED DDR4 4x8GB @ 2666Mhz / SAMSUNG 850 EVO 500GB SSD / 4TB WD Red / CoolerMaster Master Case 5 Pro / Corsair H100i v2 / Corsair CX750M
2 REPLIES 2

erocker
Level 7
Yes it will work. It's an antenna, there's nothing in it but an antenna.

InToSSH
Level 7
Yes, but for example the polarization might be different. If I remember correctly MIMO uses both horizontal and vertical polarization, so I wanted to know if for MU-MIMO it is different. But my bet is that they will be the same anyway.. Thanks.
Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) / Core i7-8700k / Asus Strix GTX1070 Ti / Corsair Vengeance LED RED DDR4 4x8GB @ 2666Mhz / SAMSUNG 850 EVO 500GB SSD / 4TB WD Red / CoolerMaster Master Case 5 Pro / Corsair H100i v2 / Corsair CX750M