cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VGA Q-Led on after windows restart ?

cyanid
Level 9
Just notice something weird about white VGA Q-Led, it doesn't turn on after cold boot
But of I restart windows it suddenly turn on and stay on even I restart windows again.
Q-Code is the same = A0
GPU is Asus GTX1070 O8G, Mobo is Hero X (non wifi)
Gpu still working fine and no problem what so ever during gaming, benchmark
It's just annoying to see bright white led .
5 REPLIES 5

Korth
Level 14
Try reseating the GPU PCIe card. It could have vibrated itself a little loose from the slot, even if the backplane was properly secured with a nice tight metal screw.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Korth wrote:
Try reseating the GPU PCIe card. It could have vibrated itself a little loose from the slot, even if the backplane was properly secured with a nice tight metal screw.

no luck, but like I said before gpu works fine in games/benchmark/torture.
It's just annoying bright vga white q-led if I restart windows.
so basically
cold boot => windows => no white vga q-led => gpu work fine
restart windows => white vga q-led => gpu still work fine

mee too, only after restart my motherboard turned on. how come?

Korth
Level 14
Curious - and a little disturbing - that a critical diagnostic indicator should apparently malfunction, lol.

I'm assuming you've confirmed the GPU card power cable(s) are properly secured. And are running an updated BIOS.

Otherwise I got nothing, hoping an @ASUS rep offers an explanation/fix.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Korth wrote:
Curious - and a little disturbing - that a critical diagnostic indicator should apparently malfunction, lol.

I'm assuming you've confirmed the GPU card power cable(s) are properly secured. And are running an updated BIOS.

Otherwise I got nothing, hoping an @ASUS rep offers an explanation/fix.

A friend kinda find the solution, he told me about the same problem on EVGA 1080 FTW.
Since I don't know if I can post other forum link. google EVGA 1080 non csm.
It's either I have to enable CSM (which I test and vga q-led turn off) or change monitor ?
I will bring my PC to friend who own PG279Q later this weekend to test this. (I still use VX239)