cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

system only booting sometimes

bitcoin
Level 7
My system is only booting into the bios sometimes. Half the time when I power it on, the lights come on and the fans spin up, but I get no video signal. There are two lights on the mb, an orange light and a green boot light. They both remain on when the system has power. Usually when I power on the system, I'll see the yellow RAM light flash once, the red cpu light will flash and then the white VGA light will flash before the green boot light comes on. When the system does boot to the bios, it runs fine for hours until I power it off. It doesn't get hot, the voltages all look correct. I've done about 6 passes on a memtest too which showed no errors. I'm confident the mb is not the issue because I've RMAd it twice and I'm on my third board. When I visually inspect the cpu and ram, everything looks fine. Nothing is broken or bent. Any idea what could be causing this issue to happen intermittently? I'm at a loss and I don't know what else to try. Is there some sort of settings in the bios that I need to change? I've tried enabling xmp and there was no change. I've also updated the bios to 0606 and 0609 both with no change. I've also tested the ram sticks individually with no change.

Components:

ASUS Z370-E motherboard
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) F4-3200C16D-16GTZR
CORSAIR RMx Series RM750X 750W PSU
Intel Core i7-8700K Coffee Lake 6-Core 3.7 GHz
0 REPLIES 0