cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix z490-e gaming lan issues i225-v

Coiledvipers
Level 7

As you can see in the above picture if it actually took if not I will fix it. The top of the pic is when fresh driver update the bottom one is with rolled back driver. 1.0.0.9. I have no issues 99% of the time with this driver compared to constant issues with new driver Huge packet loss. MASSIVE ping at times during online gaming. Its not my ISP they just came out and updated my wiring to my house from pole to here. But I have ran both of these tests and the top one is the best for the newest drivers for I225-V. Any updates when this will be resolved? I have never had so much issues with an asus board in my life. I have owned and purchased 5 if not more total this is the first time I have ran into major issues.
3 REPLIES 3

Molybdenum
Level 7
Coiledvipers wrote:

As you can see in the above picture if it actually took if not I will fix it. The top of the pic is when fresh driver update the bottom one is with rolled back driver. 1.0.0.9. I have no issues 99% of the time with this driver compared to constant issues with new driver Huge packet loss. MASSIVE ping at times during online gaming. Its not my ISP they just came out and updated my wiring to my house from pole to here. But I have ran both of these tests and the top one is the best for the newest drivers for I225-V. Any updates when this will be resolved? I have never had so much issues with an asus board in my life. I have owned and purchased 5 if not more total this is the first time I have ran into major issues.

I have a Z490-E with the I225-V LAN. When I installed everything fresh, but before updating I1225-V drivers, I was getting my gigabit speeds via ethernet. After updating to 1.0.1.7 driver and 1.45 firmware, my speeds were significantly less, something like 200/450. Took me a while to figure out, but I ended up reinstalling 1.0.1.7 driver and the 1.45 firmware and my gigabit speeds were restored. I downloaded both from drivers section of my motherboard on Asus website.

Molybdenum wrote:
I have a Z490-E with the I225-V LAN. When I installed everything fresh, but before updating I1225-V drivers, I was getting my gigabit speeds via ethernet. After updating to 1.0.1.7 driver and 1.45 firmware, my speeds were significantly less, something like 200/450. Took me a while to figure out, but I ended up reinstalling 1.0.1.7 driver and the 1.45 firmware and my gigabit speeds were restored. I downloaded both from drivers section of my motherboard on Asus website.

Yup already done this. Sadly. It sorta fixed my issue to an extent. I have slightly better speed compared to top picture but nothing like bottom pic. With rolled back drivers and after updating the firmware and the driver I can no longer rollback. I now on every reboot have to disable lan and reenable it each and every time on boot up.

Saltgrass
Level 13
That is the 2.5 Gb port, correct? Where does its Ethernet cable come from?

If you use the 1 Gb port, is it any better?
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200