cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STRIX Z370-I and 8700K Overclock - Temps - Bios settings

alidarkstone
Level 7
Hi everyone,

How is my results 🙂


*** Darkstone's Custom Watercool Setup ***

Radiator : Alphacool Monsta 240mm (80mm thickness)
Pump : Swictech MCP655 (D5 Speed Controlled)
CPU Block : EK Supreme HF Nickel
GPU Block : Barrow 1080Ti mini (GPU Block is not arrived.)
Reservoir : Darkstone 140mm Reservoir (Türkiye'de tarafımdan üretilen ilk sıvı haznesi)
Fans : Enermax D.F Storm 120mm X2 11.8h2o (Static pressure very high special radiator fans, have mode buttons)
Fans : Phanteks 140mm x 2
Fittings : Bitspower G1/4 1/2
Tubing : Flex Primochill 1/2 3/4 (PetG Hard Tubes not arrived)
Sleeve Kit : Phanteks Sleeve Kit
Led Strip : Aliexpress W2618B 3 pin 60 led
EK D-TOP Mod for Pump
Barrow TOP Mod for Pump

8700K @4.7ghz Bios Settings

71730
71731
71732
71733
71734
71735


8700K 4.7Ghz Cinebench R15 5 Times results

71736


I have a question : Why VID Value high ? Bios CPU Core Voltage manuel : 1.18v
13,962 Views
11 REPLIES 11

Raja
Level 13
To reduce the vid, use a lower llc. I'd also make sure the app I'm using for monitoring is up to date.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
To reduce the vid, use a lower llc. I'd also make sure the app I'm using for monitoring is up to date.


Did you mean Load Line Calibration? I was set to Level 7

Raja
Level 13
Yep llc= load line calibration. I noticed it was on level 7, which is why i suggested you reduce it. Level 7 will request high vid. Reduce it to reduce the vid. Also make sure the voltage monitoring software you're using is accurate.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Yep llc= load line calibration. I noticed it was on level 7, which is why i suggested you reduce it. Level 7 will request high vid. Reduce it to reduce the vid. Also make sure the voltage monitoring software you're using is accurate.


I'm using HWMonitor Pro and CoreTEMP latest version. 2 software same results. Bios setting LLC : Level 7 . I can reduce level 2-5 . Thanks i will share new results

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Yep llc= load line calibration. I noticed it was on level 7, which is why i suggested you reduce it. Level 7 will request high vid. Reduce it to reduce the vid. Also make sure the voltage monitoring software you're using is accurate.


Not working LLC 6 * 5 * 4 * 3 * 2 * 1 only working LLC 7 1.18v bios, 1.2v cpu-z, 1.31v coretemp vid

71752

alidarkstone wrote:
Not working LLC 6 * 5 * 4 * 3 * 2 * 1 only working LLC 7 1.18v bios, 1.2v cpu-z, 1.31v coretemp vid

71752


What happens when you set a lower llc? Not working doesn't mean much on its own. Cpu-z should be accurate. I've never used coretemp to monitor voltages.

Hi again,

The Overclockers generally use HwMonitor and Core Temps app for track temps and Vid value. Two apps listed same values. Other users see low vid values. You can check google image results and youtube videos.

I think Strix Z370-i motherboard have a bug in BIOS. I see too much VDROOP

alidarkstone wrote:
Hi again,

The Overclockers generally use HwMonitor and Core Temps app for track temps and Vid value. Two apps listed same values. Other users see low vid values. You can check google image results and youtube videos.

I think Strix Z370-i motherboard have a bug in BIOS. I see too much VDROOP


I think CPU-Z is most commonly used.

I would use 6 for the LLC imo as 7 will cause it to go way over what it needs, but you should check your load line settings under power management in bios.

alidarkstone wrote:
Hi again,

The Overclockers generally use HwMonitor and Core Temps app for track temps and Vid value. Two apps listed same values. Other users see low vid values. You can check google image results and youtube videos.

I think Strix Z370-i motherboard have a bug in BIOS. I see too much VDROOP


They use CPU-Z more than anythign else for VID - as it's frequently updated. Core temp is mostly used for temps, not VID.
Some vdroop is good. One needs to understand overshoot to understand why vdroop exists. These are not trivial topics.