cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STRIX Z370-G Windows 11 drivers not working!

Toodyt
Level 7
My PC is the Strix Z370 WiFi / I7-8700 / 16Gig DDR4
FW= 3004
Have check Intel which shows the Chipset up to date.
I have recently updated the 850 to Win11 and thing were good I had a Device error showing for AAP Server.
Completed a backup on my USB Backup
However I saw a deal on the NVMe and bought it and a New win 11 to do a fresh install.
I have just installed a 2nd Boot drive to use for work.
The original Panasonic 850 Pro SSD and added a 970 Pro NVMe 1TB M-2 SSD Installed in the M-2 slot.
The Samsung NVMe Driver was installed.
Since I Installed the NVMe I cannot used my Backup Drive as it does not power up the drive. Tested on my laptop and it works good.
Tried in all USB Ports.
The original 850 SSD:
1. DVD/CD-ROM shows No Media in the Disk Management. Had to use a USB CD-ROM to Install win11.
2. The Card reader which used to work also shows No Media
3. Shows Other devices APP Server Error
4. Normal USB drives work however my Backup drive does not power up.
The 970 PRO drive:
1. DVD/CD-ROM shows No Media in the Disk Management
3. Shows Other devices PCI Controller and SM Controller Error
4. Normal USB drives work however, my Backup drive does not power up.

I have Uninstalled and Installed the Drivers a few times with all USB devices disconnected.
Turned off power save in the power management.
6 REPLIES 6

Toodyt
Level 7
Toodyt wrote:
FW= 3004
Have check Intel which shows the Chipset up to date.
I have recently updated the 850 to Win11 and thing were good I had a Device error showing for AAP Server.
Completed a backup on my USB Backup
However I saw a deal on the NVMe and bought it and a New win 11 to do a fresh install.
I have just installed a 2nd Boot drive to use for work.
The original Panasonic 850 Pro SSD and added a 970 Pro NVMe 1TB M-2 SSD Installed in the M-2 slot.
The Samsung NVMe Driver was installed.
Since I Installed the NVMe I cannot used my Backup Drive as it does not power up the drive. Tested on my laptop and it works good.
Tried in all USB Ports.
The original 850 SSD:
1. DVD/CD-ROM shows No Media in the Disk Management. Had to use a USB CD-ROM to Install win11.
3. Shows Other devices APP Server Error
4. Normal USB drives work however my Backup drive does not power up.
The 970 PRO drive:
1. DVD/CD-ROM shows No Media in the Disk Management
3. Shows Other devices PCI Controller and SM Controller Error
4. Normal USB drives work however, my Backup drive does not power up.

I have Uninstalled and Installed the Drivers a few times with all USB devices disconnected.
Turned off power save in the power management.

ANY ADVICE WOULD BE vERY MUCH APPRECIATED! THANK YOU!

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

You need these firmware/drivers for your ASUS ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC) motherboard :

[FIRMWARE] Intel ME (Z170/Z270/Z370)

[DRIVERS] Intel Chipset/MEI/SATA/VMD (1xx/2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx)

- Intel Chipset Drivers

- Intel MEI Drivers (Drivers Only)

- Intel SATA AHCI-RAID Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 2xx/3xx

[DRIVERS] Intel Ethernet/WiFi/Bluetooth

- Intel Ethernet Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - I21x-V (1.0GbE)

[DRIVERS] Realtek Ethernet/WiFi/Bluetooth

- Realtek WiFi Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 8723DE/8821CE/8822xE

- Realtek Bluetooth Drivers (Drivers Only)

[DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (MB | Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx & AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx)

You have an ASUS ROG SS3 motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3 MB) from the first post of the thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

You Are Awesome thank you I will try this tonight!

MoKiChu.
This was very good I have all of the Drivers on my NVMe now as you have given them here.
Everything appears to be working well.
However I still have the AAP Server/PCI Memory/ SM Bus Controller showing in Other devices and showing error Code 28 on the last 2.
The Code indicates the Bluetooth/ethernet which all clear when the Bluetooth Drivers a re deleted.
As soon as dthe Driver is installed they return.

I was able to compare this to my 850 ssd which I still have bootable.
This is the original drive and does not show the PCI or SM bus errors.
The Driver Store shows the original Bluetooth Driver was Qualicomm Atheros 10.0.1.7
The realtek driver is 1.9.1038.3001 is in service.
Is it possible the Qualicomm driver had some config which satified the PCI/SM Controlllers.
I have looked but do not see a trusted source.

Reluctant to install the same drivers in the 850 and end up with the same errors.

Thank You!

Toodyt wrote:
MoKiChu.
This was very good I have all of the Drivers on my NVMe now as you have given them here.
Everything appears to be working well.
However I still have the AAP Server/PCI Memory/ SM Bus Controller showing in Other devices and showing error Code 28 on the last 2.
The Code indicates the Bluetooth/ethernet which all clear when the Bluetooth Drivers a re deleted.
As soon as dthe Driver is installed they return.

I was able to compare this to my 850 ssd which I still have bootable.
This is the original drive and does not show the PCI or SM bus errors.
The Driver Store shows the original Bluetooth Driver was Qualicomm Atheros 10.0.1.7
The realtek driver is 1.9.1038.3001 is in service.
Is it possible the Qualicomm driver had some config which satified the PCI/SM Controlllers.
I have looked but do not see a trusted source.

Reluctant to install the same drivers in the 850 and end up with the same errors.

Thank You!

Hi,

AAP Server : This is not due to a missing driver, it is an unmanaged Bluetooth module coming from a Bluetooth device (usually Bluetooth headset/headphone) that you have probably connected (or that has been connected).

- If you still use this Bluetooth headset/headphone device : Right-click Windows Start button then click Search > Search for control panel > Launch Control panel > Devices & Printers > Right-click on your Bluetooth headset/headphone device > Properties > Services tab > Uncheck AAP Server > Apply & OK > Right-click Windows Start button then click Device Manager > Other devices category > Uninstall your AAP Server device (if you find it) by right-click Uninstall device.

- If you no longer use this Bluetooth headset/headphone device : Right-click Windows Start button then click Device Manager > View > Check Show hidden devices > Sound, video and game controllers category > Uninstall your Bluetooth headset/headphone hidden device by right-click Uninstall device > Other devices category > Uninstall your AAP Server device (if you find it) by right-click Uninstall device

PCI Device & SM Bus Controller : Intel Chipset drivers from Windows Update - Optional updates must not be installed if you use .exe installer (either you install your Chipset drivers via .exe or via Windows Update, but do not mix the two). Follow this process to cleanup them :

- Uninstall your current Intel Chipset Drivers package if you have any installed (via Start > Settings > Apps) then restart your PC
- Launch Driver Store Explorer (Right click on "Rapr.exe" > Run as administrator) > Check the boxes of all versions of Intel drivers which .inf contains system word in the System device category (if you find them)
- Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver" button then restart your PC
- Install your Intel Chipset Drivers package

Qualcomm : You can delete this driver from Driver Store Explorer (unnecessary for your system).

HumbleSiPilot77
Level 10
Toodyt wrote:
FW= 3004

I have the same motherboard but how did you update to BIOS firmware 3004? My motherboard can't download anything from the internet using EZFlash and the file I download from support website isn't recognized by the motherboard so I am curious how you updated to 3004?