cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sonic Studio 3 does not work

peter91512
Level 7
Hello

I have a problem motherboard ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XII HERO (WIFI) with the sound after turning on the Sonic Studio 3 sound effects in the realtek console. Sound stops working on speakers. After selecting the option turn off all sound effects, the sound works.

Sonic Studio version: 3.16.13.0
Realtek(R) Audio driver version: 6.0.8988.1
System Version: Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19041
6 REPLIES 6

pinkfloyd1173
Level 11
I have this mobo, if its the z490 verision. I had these issues when I frist got this mobo.

1. unistall the realtek driver, sonic 3 and sonic radar. If you can use the free revo uninstaller use that. Restart.
2. use the driver store exploer to get rid of remaing drivers, after that restart.
3. go to your mobo asus support site and download the realtek drivers from there. Use the oldiest one first and install. Dont use the asus.exe set up, use the realtek setup!!!
4. after that download the newiest realtek driver from the same page, do the same thing as 3, restart.
5. double check if there are left over divers with the driver explooer.

I tried using MR. M's realtek drivers but for some reason they do not like my mobo??

Hopefully this will help you out.
ROG STRIX Z790-E GAMING WIFI II Bios 1002: Intel i7 14900k: CORSAIR DOMINATOR TITANIUM RGB 64GB 6600MHz DDR5: : ASUS ROG STRIX PG38UQ: ROG Strix 4090 OC :2 M.2 990 PRO 2 TB: CORSAIR - AIO CORSAIR LINK H170I LCD : Corsair HX1500I: Corsair 7000D airflow Case: Windows 11 Pro

pinkfloyd1173 wrote:
I have this mobo, if its the z490 verision. I had these issues when I frist got this mobo.

1. unistall the realtek driver, sonic 3 and sonic radar. If you can use the free revo uninstaller use that. Restart.
2. use the driver store exploer to get rid of remaing drivers, after that restart.
3. go to your mobo asus support site and download the realtek drivers from there. Use the oldiest one first and install. Dont use the asus.exe set up, use the realtek setup!!!
4. after that download the newiest realtek driver from the same page, do the same thing as 3, restart.
5. double check if there are left over divers with the driver explooer.

I tried using MR. M's realtek drivers but for some reason they do not like my mobo??

Hopefully this will help you out.

I installed according to the instructions using the setup.exe file on the older driver it works the same without changes, on the latest driver from asus the sound does not work at all

peter91512 wrote:
I installed according to the instructions using the setup.exe file on the older driver it works the same without changes, on the latest driver from asus the sound does not work at all

Listen to Mr. M, he is the Asus god when it comes to drivers!!!!

What ever he says follow to a T!!!
ROG STRIX Z790-E GAMING WIFI II Bios 1002: Intel i7 14900k: CORSAIR DOMINATOR TITANIUM RGB 64GB 6600MHz DDR5: : ASUS ROG STRIX PG38UQ: ROG Strix 4090 OC :2 M.2 990 PRO 2 TB: CORSAIR - AIO CORSAIR LINK H170I LCD : Corsair HX1500I: Corsair 7000D airflow Case: Windows 11 Pro

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS) from the first post of this thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB) from the first post of this thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

Thank you, it works

Sorry to awaken the topic, but this steps fixed the problem? I'm having similar issues. I have a rog strix b550 gaming f wifi. Installed the audio driver and no audio, only by disabling audio enhancements. I managed to make it work by not rebooting after de install, but if i reboot my pc, it stops working again. I have always to shut it down and never reboot.