cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Z390-F Gaming BIOS with Resizable BAR support for Nvidia RTX 30 series cards

Desperanto
Level 7
Any one already tried???
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/ROG_STRIX_Z390-E_GAMING/ROG-STRIX-Z390-F-GAMING-ASUS-1...
Version 1901 Beta
2021/04/14 8.12 MBytes
ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING BIOS 1901
'Add Resizable BAR support for Nvidia RTX 30 series cards to potentially deliver more performance to gamers in select titles.
12 REPLIES 12

Enderwiggin03 wrote:
I'm finding this to be the case as well. I was having issues with RAM Training/timings, and the Park suggestions here so far seem to work, as well as manually starting all over after a bios flash.

Actually I think "start all over" is a bit overkill. The main issue with these newer versions seems to be memory related: Training and/or RTL/IOL issues. Those have to be adjusted, together with a few other general adjustments, see my previous post. Pri/Sec/Ter timings can actually remain unchanged.
And after some time now I can state that 1901 is really _better_ than 1302 for me. Running 4013 mem now, whereas 1302 wouldn't do more than ~3950 with identical timings. Only RTL/IO is different, albeit lower than previously! CPU/LLC/vcore is left unchanged, all stable.
So yeah, needs some minor adjustments, but 1901 is actually surprisingly good! 🙂

DirtyMacho
Level 7
Its also released for z370-e but where to set the resizable bar . I already updated the firmware for FE 3080 would it not enable by default if both motherboard and gpu have feature unlocked

You have to enable it in bios in the section that contains 4g encoding. Should be a new option below it. I'm gonna update after work. Still a bit cautious since I once blew an asus p8z68 board with a bios update. Did update this board one time to version 1302. So fingers crossed, I already flashed my tuf 3080 oc so now for enabling resizebar.