cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rog strix z390-e drives me crazy, my pc dont sleep.

askent
Level 7
Hello everyone, I'm already desperate and I'm asking for help. The problem is this - after updating windows 10 to version 2020, my computer stopped falling asleep. The screen does not go blank, and the computer does not hibernate.
I just didn't do anything. Tried to edit the system registry. I updated the BIOS, updated the intel management engine, edited the power saving settings - nothing helps!
On older versions of windows everything works fine, but I don't want to use the old windows.
Manually, the computer goes to sleep without problems. But it already infuriates me to constantly get up from the couch and do it manually. After all, when I watch TV, the monitor burns my eyes with its light, since it does not go out by itself ...
Please, help.
My configuration:
rog strix z390-e
intel 9600k
16gb crucial ballistix sport lt
MSI Gaming x trio RTX 3070
Creative X-FI Titanium
Enermax revolution xt 730
Samsung 970 evo plus 256gb
Samsung 870 evo 2tb

Keyboard - GMMK Pro
Mouse - Logitech G Pro Wireless
Monitor - BenQ EW2770QZ and LG C1 OLED
1 REPLY 1

zaza7
Level 7
askent wrote:
Hello everyone, I'm already desperate and I'm asking for help. The problem is this - after updating windows 10 to version 2020, my computer stopped falling asleep. The screen does not go blank, and the computer does not hibernate.
I just didn't do anything. Tried to edit the system registry. I updated the BIOS, updated the intel management engine, edited the power saving settings - nothing helps!
On older versions of windows everything works fine, but I don't want to use the old windows.
Manually, the computer goes to sleep without problems. But it already infuriates me to constantly get up from the couch and do it manually. After all, when I watch TV, the monitor burns my eyes with its light, since it does not go out by itself ...
Please, help.
My configuration:
rog strix z390-e
intel 9600k
16gb crucial ballistix sport lt
MSI Gaming x trio RTX 3070
Creative X-FI Titanium
Enermax revolution xt 730
Samsung 970 evo plus 256gb
Samsung 870 evo 2tb

Keyboard - GMMK Pro
Mouse - Logitech G Pro Wireless
Monitor - BenQ EW2770QZ and LG C1 OLED

Hi, WINkey+S -> "Choose a Power Plan" -> "Balanced"(don't advice for gaming, it auto lowers and raises cpu clock for power efficiency...)
i got mine 5.1GHz ALL the time so i use "Ultimate performance", but edit it, and choose the sleep IDLE timer, monitor shutdown, and still keeping the clocks as i want.
You can Choose High, or google the code to enable Ultimate.(don't really know if there is any difference)
Also you could be running some program like "Winaero Tweaker" and mistakenly disabled these options.