cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog strix z370-i rgb leds stuck on red. Can't turn off in bios either.

m4ttjirm
Level 7
Hello -

ROG STRIX z370-i Bios 8050 (most recent)
Core i7 8700k
Strix 1080ti
Corsair RGB Ram 2x16gb
Coolermaster ML120R ARGB AIO
All latest chipset drivers

ASUS Aura was working perfect for me with no issues at all. That all changed three days ago for no reason. I did not make any changes at all, and it all of a sudden stopped detecting my motherboard while everything else syncs perfectly. Everything can do anything I ask it to, but the motherboard is just stuck on solid red.

I have tried to uninstall Aura with Revo cleaner, ccleaner, regular windows uninstall.
Used the aura cleaner tool
I have tried to re-install multiple different versions of Aura from the beta, to the stable, to all the 1.05 versions
Nothing can detect my motherboard lights
I have also tried to update to the latest bios, unplugged everything overnight, cleared cmos, even completely took the whole thing apart and re-seated everything.
Tried to do everything with and without AIsuite3, no help.

I have tried to right click the zip and "unblock" before I extract the files as some people have had success with. I have installed every time using the run as administrator function. I have tried to reboot the computer a million times and re-install aura.

NOTHING IS WORKING and I have tried EVERYTHING from multiple articles, forums, and youtube videos. Literally have spent hours on this. This is so incredibly frustrating as ASUS is my favorite company and I went out of my way to get everything ARGB Aura Sync compatible down to my mouse and keyboard.

I even got to the point where I said screw it I don't even care about the 12 motherboard LED's so I go into my bios and turn OFF Aura for system on and off states, but the light doesn't even turn off! I even changed all modes for S4 + S5 power states, nothing. It is simply just stuck on red no matter what combination of EVERY SINGLE THING that I have tried. I can't even turn the damn thing off to just forget about it.

HOW IN THE WORLD DOES AURA SYNC NOT DETECT THE MAINBOARD AURA LIGHTS?!?! How does that even make sense?? It should be the ONLY thing it detects if anything!

What else can I try? Is there anyway for me to unplug the lights that are on the mobo? Is there anyway for me to reset anything?! What is left??? Super annoying can anyone assist from ASUS? All I see is forum members trying to help people out with nothing being acknowledged. There is obviously something wrong here.

Thanks
16 REPLIES 16

Six9_potatoMax wrote:
I just tried that, mobo doesn't light up and doesn't even show in AURA, tried to restart LightingService, reinstall once again AURA, unblock the rar, run setup as admin and all the possible toppings for the pizza, doesn't work, i'll return the mobo tomorrow and get something else.

Really disappointing.

Have you try this method? https://www.asus.com/ph/support/FAQ/1036375

Hi yes. Tried to disable fast boot, and also utilize that forum faq. Still nothing. Lights stuck on red nothing I can do to change the colors, or turn them off. Mobo still missing from aura.

Hi,

I have fixed my problem of stuck in two colors on my board Z270-F.

As I am looking for an answer regarding how to fix this problem. I read an article about going to services.msc and try to start the LightningService program which I accidently uninstalled/Deleted. I don't know, then I thought of looking for an old version of AURA SYNC and found it here (https://www.reddit.com/r/ASUS/comments/eh1ouk/asus_aura_archived_versions/). After extracting it, I copied the LightningService and paste it here (C:\Program Files (x86)) after 2mins or so, boom my rgb came back and I can control it again.

Oh, just do clean uninstall first of Aura sync and Armoury crate if you ever install the Armoury Crate.

Sorry for my english. I am just trying to help.

Six9_potatoMax
Level 7
I just tried that, mobo doesn't light up and doesn't even show in AURA, tried to restart LightingService, reinstall once again AURA, unblock the rar, run setup as admin and all the possible toppings for the pizza, doesn't work, i'll return the mobo tomorrow and get something else.

Really disappointing.

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
I have a user here with the same issue. Can i try give him the FWupdate?
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Any updates on this problem?

Just got a Maximus XI Hero which had the RGBs on rainbow mode as the default setting. After trying to installing the latest version of Aura (1.07.36) and crashing it every time I tried to start the program, I decide to uninstall it. Sundenlly, the mobo RGB turned to pulsing red setting and now there´s no way to change it back.

It seems that whatever Aura did to change this setting, it was recorded in the mobo memory. When the computer is off and the standby RGB turned on, it will go back to rainbow mode. But as soon as I boot the computer, it loads the pulsing red setting again.

This software is a nightmare!

NVieira01 wrote:
Any updates on this problem?

Just got a Maximus XI Hero which had the RGBs on rainbow mode as the default setting. After trying to installing the latest version of Aura (1.07.36) and crashing it every time I tried to start the program, I decide to uninstall it. Sundenlly, the mobo RGB turned to pulsing red setting and now there´s no way to change it back.

It seems that whatever Aura did to change this setting, it was recorded in the mobo memory. When the computer is off and the standby RGB turned on, it will go back to rainbow mode. But as soon as I boot the computer, it loads the pulsing red setting again.

This software is a nightmare!

Did you find any solution?