cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG STRIX Z370-E led strip problem?

Sielys
Level 7
So, I just got the z370-e mobo, build my pc, plugged it in. It was all working fine, no problems, the led strip that's on the mobo towards the rear IO ports was working fine. Then all of a sudden it's just not lighting up. I ended up trying those bios settings to turn the lighting on and off and what not, nothing worked so i gave up and went to bed. Woke up, booted up the computer, still no rgb strip lighting. OK. Played WoW for a bit, maybe 30 mins then i logged off, the rgb strip was lighting up again! For a few mins, then it shut off again. Also the AURA software wont recognize my mobo. I've tried installing it multiple times, also tried right-clicking>properties>unblock before unzipping it, nothing. I am running the latest version of the mobos bios, latest version of windows, etc.

Anyone think they can help out? I'd like to get the led strip to work all the time. But if not, it's not TOO big an issue, I won't RMA the mobo back or anything.

z370-e
i7-8700k 4.8ghz
corsair vengeance 3000mhz LPX ram
samsung evo 960 m.2 ssd 250gb
be quiet dark rock pro 3 cooler
msi 980 ti
3 REPLIES 3

Roomscapers
Level 7
There's an older thread about the led not working. To fix it, I had to remove the led shield and reconnect the led connector as it's usually loose. It should only be 3 or 4 screws to remove.

Georgehelou3
Level 7
Bro I have the same problem!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DirtyMacho
Level 7
I dont see any issues. As one point to note. Did you guys trid with case open first. As high chances the LED connector may be lose and not in right contact. As the led strips may be placed in a position that get lossened.

Also were you placing the right strips. As far as i know the board support 3 connector for RGB ie 2x 2Meter max 5v and 1x addressable RGB 12v .

if your strips are not upto the specification. Then high chances it may not work. Also only the mother extender cable is working Any 3rd party strip extension or connector cable is not good. So you have to give it try. like trail and error.