Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO BIOS VER 1301 Feedback Thread

denisgcarvalho
Level 7
Bios/UEFI 1301 is online:

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO BIOS 1301
Support RAID on CPU function in Z370 series.
Improved DRAM compatibility
ROG MAXIMUS Z690 HERO + 12900K + XPG 32GB RAM DDR5 6000CL40 + RTX 3080 GALAX HOF + ROG RYUJIN II 360 + LIAN LI XL + CORSAIR HX1000i + M2 SAMSUNG 980 PRO 1TB + M2 SAMSUNG 980 PRO 1TB + SSD SEAGATE 1TB. 😉
19 REPLIES 19

cyanid
Level 9
I actually love it since now I'm able to turn off QLED after boot sequence.
I am about to put smoke transparent screen. (to reduce red glare during night)
Thank you

1ntel
Level 7
Does this fix the fan spin up time issue? I have the spin up time test to 3.6 seconds but temp spikes still causes the fans to spin up.

Carlyle2020
Level 10
I do not know if that is a new Problem with this Version but i cannot set any fans below 60% in DC mode.
I can scan the lowest setting (In my case 29%) via Q-fan.
It will automatically set the power to the lowest setting (29%).
ANY manual change afterwards below 60% will again be recognized as "not valid".

Rgds
Carlyle

Carlyle2020 wrote:
I do not know if that is a new Problem with this Version but i cannot set any fans below 60% in DC mode.

Rgds
Carlyle

Did you try optimizing the fans again? I know I have to run the optimise fans before I can actually set any manual fan curves.

I tried updating to this bios today but couldn't get the USB stick to show in the EZ Flash 3 menu. Only my Windows drive was showing so I gave up for now. Only issue I want fixed is the fan spin up times and it's all good for me.

Carlyle2020 wrote:

Rgds
Carlyle

Mine doesn't even set the lowest settings below 60% for DC mode. only PWM works fine.
same thing happen with previous bios 1101.

PerpetualCycle
Level 13
You can edit the calibration xml file and lower the limit. You have to restart the Asus services then AI Suite for it to take effect.

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

geneo wrote:
You can edit the calibration xml file and lower the limit. You have to restart the Asus services then AI Suite for it to take effect.

oh, i am talking bios and manual input via keyboard not working.

! I found out out that afetr using Q-fan to find out the min. value one can use the ui with mouse to set values below 60%.

Rgds
Carlyle

Carlyle2020 wrote:

! I found out out that afetr using Q-fan to find out the min. value one can use the ui with mouse to set values below 60%.

Rgds
Carlyle

Yes you have to optimise to find out the minimum value. Do you know if this bios version has fixed the fan spin up times? Any temp spikes causes my fans to spin up but I have the spin up times to set to 4.6 seconds but it currently doesn't work for me on v1101. I'll upgrade if it's fixed.

Carlyle2020 wrote:

Rgds
Carlyle

It's weird that Asus doesn't allow manual keyboard input but allow it using UI + mouse.
Probably a bug ? Anyway thanks a lot.

ixxxion
Level 7
No issues so far with BIOS 1301 here. Installed using the EZ Flash util within the BIOS. Reset settings and then re-entered my OC settings. However, there was a long pause after the first boot (about 30-40 seconds) where it just sat there with a dark screen, I read that this might be the BIOS doing some "RAM training" since I did up my RAM to XMP 3200MHz. I just let it finish and everything was fine.

I'm getting 5GHz at 1.300v solid 24/7 and temps never exceed 68-70c in heavy bench (CPU is 8700k delid with liquid metal).

I also ran the Intel SA00086 Detection tool, and it reports that my system is safe from Spectre/Meldown. And I did notice that my Intel ME has been updated to 11.8.50.3399.

I did notice that some of my benchmarks have gone down about 2% to 3%. This is probably related to the Spectre fix.

So far 1301 is great.