cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommendation needed for fans.

IainM
Level 7
Hi guys,
My rig: Corsair Air 740, ROG Strix GTX1080TiOC, 8600K, ROG Strix Gaming Z370F, ThermalTake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360. Two standard 140mms in the roof, one standard 140mm at the rear.

I'm looking to replace my case and radiator fans with RGBs, preferably AURA compatible. I'm also looking for a suitable splitter to connect the two roof fans to one header. I'm also going to hook up one RGB strip to one of the mobo's RGB headers.

What fans would you suggest for my 360 radiator? What fans for the rear and the roof? What splitter for the roof fans?
Any other recommendations? How and where to connect them etc.

Many thanks
1 REPLY 1

rubenalamina
Level 7
If you want RGB fans, I'd happily recommend NZXT Aer RGB fans. They are good looking and are efficient with airflow. I also went with a Kraken X62 for CPU cooling and since I bought a pack of 3 140mm Aer RGB fans, I had one left (bought 1x120mm for the back of the case) so I attached the remaining 140mm to the radiator as push (only one but plan to buy a second one) and the two air pressure fans that come with the Kraken were installed as pull.

They are not AURA compatible and require NZXT Cam software but since I needed the software to control the Kraken's lightning, I went with them. I highly recommend these fans. Since I wanted to control the RGB fans with software, I also bought NZXT HUE+ that came with LED strips.

All in all, I control the lightning of the fans and led strips with CAM and it also monitors temperatures, fan speeds, Kraken temp, rpm, etc. I only installed Asus AURA to control the RGB in the mobo and the RAM sticks (Corsair Vengeance RGB).

Whatever you decide to buy, I don't think you need any fan splitters. That motherboard has plenty of connectors, it has the same number than the Z370-E which is the one I have.