cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick question about Maximus XI Hero!

SinisterDev85
Level 11
Ok, so my Hero XI arrived today. I was thinking about leaving it sealed until I find out more info about the Hero XI Apex's release date and price... However, much to my surprise the box isn't sealed by any means! No factory seal on the box, I was just able to open it up and look at everything inside. Even the board itself wasn't in a sealed Anti-static bag or anything. Is this normal?! I haven't bought a new mobo in several years, so I don't know if things have changed since then, but I could have sworn my Hero 8 Alpha was sealed in some sort of way to prevent tampering...
ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | i9 14900ks | | G. Skill Trident Z5 8000 | 2x WD SN850x 4gb | Asus Strix RTX 4080 OC| Asus ROG Thor 1200w | Windows 11 Pro
5 REPLIES 5

MoKiChU
Level 40
SinisterDev85 wrote:
Ok, so my Hero XI arrived today. I was thinking about leaving it sealed until I find out more info about the Hero XI Apex's release date and price... However, much to my surprise the box isn't sealed by any means! No factory seal on the box, I was just able to open it up and look at everything inside. Even the board itself wasn't in a sealed Anti-static bag or anything. Is this normal?! I haven't bought a new mobo in several years, so I don't know if things have changed since then, but I could have sworn my Hero 8 Alpha was sealed in some sort of way to prevent tampering...

Hi,

No, motherboard boxes are never sealed and the anti-static bag is never sealed no more. Only accessories/manuals are sealed in standard plastic bags.

It's the same for graphics cards.

SinisterDev85
Level 11
Alrighty, thanks! It's been a while since i bought a new board, so i just wanted to make sure.
ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | i9 14900ks | | G. Skill Trident Z5 8000 | 2x WD SN850x 4gb | Asus Strix RTX 4080 OC| Asus ROG Thor 1200w | Windows 11 Pro

HiVizMan
Level 40
Yip that is how motherboards are packaged and shipped across all vendors.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

XYchromosone
Level 10
I confirm the same, my XI Code came boxed just as you explained and as MoKiChU explained regarding all the other parts come in sealed non-antistatic plastic bags.

BillBittel
Level 12
And there are multiple reviews on New Egg complaining about "new" boards arriving with finger prints all over them. My Max X Hero was not sealed in any way and it bothered me then. Why would they not at least put a seal sticker on the box?!?