cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with audio

mich3700
Level 7
A few months ago I built my first PC. I used the ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming motherboard. I can't stop the popup saying that I have plugged in an audio device when I have not plugged anything in. I have the audio drivers from the Asus site installed and have tried various settings in the Realtek Audio Console. It usually happens when I'm using my Oculus Rift, but can happen at times when I'm just browsing the web or something. The computer will freeze and I will get the popup even though nothing has been plugged in. I have tried everything I can think of including a clean install. I'm running Win10 64-bit home edition.

Any ideas what is going on here?
23 REPLIES 23

letrasenumeros
Level 9
So far I tested these 2 workarounds individually for several days without getting a single freeze:
- Set the option "Turn off hard drives after x minutes" to "Never".
- Uninstall Intel RST and install the version 15.9.0.1015 2017/12/26.

Now I am going to test the RST version 16.8.0.1000 2019/01/02.

letrasenumeros
Level 9
Newer versios of the Intel RST Driver are freezing the Windows.

So, the solution that I found is to use an older version of the Intel RST Driver, Version 15.9.0.1015 (2017/12/26). I used it for several days and the Windows was stable. On the first minuts that I tried another more recent version, the freezes returned.

An alternative is to set the option "Turn off hard drives after x minutes" to "Never".

psuhammer
Level 7
So, I am having this issue: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?109383-Prime-z370-a-Realtek-driver-issue

And I am now trying the recently released Windows 1903 as the prior feature release was supposedly causing my issue. Let's see how this goes!

toronto699
Level 13
I Got Rid Of Onboard Audio to fix my Realtek HD Manager Pop Up, never could fix the popup issue
I Installed A Creative SoundBlaster Sound Card