cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem bios 1412 VCORE up in Z370-F gaming

Anubis_jero
Level 9
I have mobo asus rog strix z370 f-gaming and cpu i7 8700k. I do not know if it's a problem with the board or cpu. The vcore CPU went up to 2.144v, I did not overclck anything. This happened after installing windows I had driver problems, I also installed last bios 1412 and upgraded to 2.144v vcore. Even so I can use the pc with normality and normal temperatures in cpu. Cpuz says the same as I have oscillating 1.7 to 2.2v. I can play without problems. So I do not know if it's a mobo problem or the CPU is wrong
22 REPLIES 22

I tried and it's the same, I even use f5 ..... and I returned the 1412 and everything was the same

HiVizMan wrote:
Fine have you flashed version 1406? And does your BIOS show the correct voltage or still that high voltage?

I tried and it's the same, I even use f5 ..... and I returned the 1412 and everything was the same

vista_sepehr
Level 7
Free BitCoin : https://get.cryptobrowser.site/3507475

Download Browser > Login > Get Free BitCoin

Nate152
vista_sepehr

I sent you a PM, do not post your spamming bitcoin here on the forum.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Ok thank you.

So that leaves us two options to think about.

1 - your CPU is running at an insane amount of voltage 2.1.
2 - your CPU is NOT running at that voltage but the sensor is reading that voltage.

Please run Realbench and have CPUz open at the same time. I would like to know what CPUz is showing voltage wise on your vcore and what the temp of your CPU is during the benchmark. Only the max.

If your temps get above 95'C then shut the benchmark down. It is sounding more like a faulty sensor than anything else.

Just to recap.

You have used a usb drive to flash the bios to a previous version. 1406 bios. This bios shows the 2.1 voltage

You have no overclocking software installed on your system (windows based) not XTU or AI Suite or anything like that.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

everything is not over 67ºC. Stress test for 15min. I do not step 2.368v
in the catch all

this after the test the vcore oscillates the voltage a lot

HiVizMan
Level 40
I am 99.99% sure your voltage sensor is faulty. Those temps are consistent with 1.28 - 1.34 volts on the CPU at 100%.

Since you have changed BIOS twice now - correct? - I am not sure what else can be done besides narrow down where the sensor fail is.

CPU or Motherboard.

To test this do you have access to another motherboard, possibly if you put your CPU in a friends system and see if the same error in voltage reading occurs.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
I am 99.99% sure your voltage sensor is faulty. Those temps are consistent with 1.28 - 1.34 volts on the CPU at 100%.

Since you have changed BIOS twice now - correct? - I am not sure what else can be done besides narrow down where the sensor fail is.

CPU or Motherboard.

To test this do you have access to another motherboard, possibly if you put your CPU in a friends system and see if the same error in voltage reading occurs.

If I thought about this, I played 30 min and the temperature is normal. So I'm going to get another mobo to see if it's the micro that fails or is the mobo

HiVizMan
Level 40
Please do let me know what you discover.

HiVizMan wrote:
Please do let me know what you discover.

YES. I say it when I know I hope on Friday to have the other mobo, thanks for everything.