cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Z370 system unstable memory and AURA issues

Carbonicdk
Level 8
On my Z370-E I have a 32GB kit: F4-3600c16q-32gtzr
I however can't get them to run stable at their rated 3600mhz frequency. So far I've tried enabling XMP (no CPU overclocking to get the memory running first) and lowering the frequency to 3400mhz. The memory is working fine at these speeds in Z170 systems including the Maximus Ranger VIII.
Any ideas about what to tweak? Should I increase the voltage over the XMP 1.32??

As for the onboard RGB in the IO shroud, Aura cannot see it. Is this a Fall Creators issue?
23 REPLIES 23

Tbolt214th
Level 7
I got the same board, a Corsair 3600 CL16 16-16-16-36-2T 1.35v Kit 4x8GB and it just wont work with all modules in this Z370 Strix-E.

Every single module, every combo of pairs works in each possible slot and combination at XMP, JUST NOT ALL 4 TOGETHER.

I used that kit in my Z270 Prime-A board and they worked flawless from a certain Bios version on. Just this Board really sux with those 3600 16er CL's.

Fastest I can get them stable is to go XMP but dial them down to 3200MHz at their 3600er settings.

Since this kit is ~500€ I rather get a new board than a new RAM kit at that speed and size.

Tbolt214th wrote:
I got the same board, a Corsair 3600 CL16 16-16-16-36-2T 1.35v Kit 4x8GB and it just wont work with all modules in this Z370 Strix-E.

Every single module, every combo of pairs works in each possible slot and combination at XMP, JUST NOT ALL 4 TOGETHER.

I used that kit in my Z270 Prime-A board and they worked flawless from a certain Bios version on. Just this Board really sux with those 3600 16er CL's.

Fastest I can get them stable is to go XMP but dial them down to 3200MHz at their 3600er settings.

Since this kit is ~500€ I rather get a new board than a new RAM kit at that speed and size.

Yeah, I'm glad I got another motherboard instead of looking for memory that might also not work on this motherboard.

Carbonicdk wrote:
Yeah, I'm glad I got another motherboard instead of looking for memory that might also not work on this motherboard.

So getting a new mobo fixed your XMP problems ?

Qutip wrote:
So getting a new mobo fixed your XMP problems ?

Yes XMP and general issues getting them up to their rated spec of 3600mhz using any settings, including horrible timings. My new Gigabyte board has no stability issues with my 4 stick kit. Asus claimed I probably had a weak memory controller on my CPU but since I use the same CPU on this new board there's only my Z370-e left to blame.