cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Maximus X Apex Bios 0901

Taint3dBulge
Level 9
Cannot find any info on changes and if there is anything new. Can someone point me in the right direction or let me know whats new or changed. Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6

bkeller
Level 7
+1 would also like to know.

Minor adjustments to enhance the user experience....

Is probably the most coherent answer you are going to get. Many things may have been changed and tweaked, but the BIOS team either has no clue what changes they made, or just do not like to let anyone know what they did. Not sure why they don't like to explain themselves.

Essenbe
Level 8
It updates the MEI to resolve the MEI vulnerability as described at http://www.zdnet.com/article/intel-weve-found-severe-bugs-in-secretive-management-engine-affecting-m...
Maximus X Apex-16GB DDR4-Trident 3200C14-EVGA 1080 TI FTW3-500 GB M.2 Samsung Evo-Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB-2X Samsung 850 SSD 500GB-Phanteks Enthoo Luxe

Menthol
Level 14
MEI was updated in 802
Vishay MOS leads me to believe something with the VRM power section, I haven't installed or tested yet and could be totally wrong

Essenbe
Level 8
You can check if your system is affected with Intel's detector tool (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000025619/software.html) Mine showed it was affected with 802. When you update the BIOS it updates the MEI on first boot. After the update, the Intel tool says not affected. Just in the FWIW department.

I'm not being argumentative with an esteemed member such as yourself, Menthol. I hope you don't take it that way. It may have very well updated several things.
Maximus X Apex-16GB DDR4-Trident 3200C14-EVGA 1080 TI FTW3-500 GB M.2 Samsung Evo-Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB-2X Samsung 850 SSD 500GB-Phanteks Enthoo Luxe

Menthol
Level 14
Essemble no offense taken, I am probably incorrect more often than correct and don't consider myself esteemed at all. We are all equals here regardless of post count or any other measurement.
My X Apex is for benching and not a concern, I use a X Hero as my daily PC and again I believe the 0802 corrected this issue so assumed the same, I googled Vishay MOS to come to the VRM conclusion which is why I could be way off base