cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New bios 1003 for Asus X hero input / questions

bass_junkie_xl
Level 11
BIOS
Version 1003
2018/01/028.23 MBytes
ROG MAXIMUS X HERO (WI-FI AC) BIOS 1003
Improve system performance.
Improved DRAM compatibility

has any one used this yet ? currently im on bios 802 with
8700k @ 5 ghz 1.33v adaptive -delided
g.skill rgb 16gb 3000 mhz @ manual over clock @ 4000 cl 18-19-19-38 auto vccio / vcssa
and its stable 24hr in tests

should i even flash it ?

does this bios fix the audio crackling / un balanced sound in the drivers ?

any input would be nice
Rig # 1 - 14900Ks SP-118 | 87 MC @ 6.0 GHZ | 5.2 R | 4.7 E | DDR5 48GB @ 8,600 c36 | Strix RTX 4090 | PG27AQN 1440P 27" 360 Hz G-Sync ULMB 2

Rig # 2 - 14900K-SP-120 | 89 MC @ 5.9 GHZ | 5.2 R | 4.7 E | DDR4 32GB @ 4,300 c15 | Strix RTX 3080 | Aoc 1080P 25" 240 Hz G-Sync
339 Views
40 REPLIES 40

2 new problems with bios 1003 now i have noticed .
its a new issue with the fan headers
i have top cpu_opt hooked to a top 140mm fan whhen adjusting that fun
ext_fan at bottom of board adjust with cpu_opt .......

probleme 2

ext_fan 3 i have my water pump to it and now can not run less then 100 % 24/7 in manual pmw mode ..... if i change
minamum % to less then 100 % it goes back to 100 .... i have to use the pre sets of silent or standanrd or its allways 100 % now .....
and i already tried the q fan auto adjusment thing to let me me know what min % evrything can run @

new bios fixes cpu z reporting worng voltege but brakes 2 fan headers and doesnt fix audio crackling 😞

other issue why can i not run my fans less then 60 % or 100 % on this baord ????????
i dont need my fans @ 1800 rmps jet when siting here
i have tried pwm mode / dc mode / auto and then i ran the q fan auto dete4ct mode as well .........
Rig # 1 - 14900Ks SP-118 | 87 MC @ 6.0 GHZ | 5.2 R | 4.7 E | DDR5 48GB @ 8,600 c36 | Strix RTX 4090 | PG27AQN 1440P 27" 360 Hz G-Sync ULMB 2

Rig # 2 - 14900K-SP-120 | 89 MC @ 5.9 GHZ | 5.2 R | 4.7 E | DDR4 32GB @ 4,300 c15 | Strix RTX 3080 | Aoc 1080P 25" 240 Hz G-Sync

bass junkie xl wrote:
2 new problems with bios 1003 now i have noticed .

new bios fixes cpu z reporting worng voltege but brakes 2 fan headers and doesnt fix audio crackling 😞


Do you use Aida64 or other programs that uses the embbeded controller?
Because that was causing high dpc for me on acpi.sys. After I turned that off in aida64 my dpc is stable and no more cracks.

Some people where nvidia driver cause high dpc (sound craking) resolved it by turning off fast boot in windows.

Maybe check your dpc with LatencyMon/Dpclat to check what is causing it.


Anyway I also am using 1003 on my formulax still rocking 8700k@5,1ghz / 3600@cl16 stable. With avx downset0

William Clement wrote:
Do you use Aida64 or other programs that uses the embbeded controller?
Because that was causing high dpc for me on acpi.sys. After I turned that off in aida64 my dpc is stable and no more cracks.

Some people where nvidia driver cause high dpc (sound craking) resolved it by turning off fast boot in windows.

Maybe check your dpc with LatencyMon/Dpclat to check what is causing it.


Anyway I also am using 1003 on my formulax still rocking 8700k@5,1ghz / 3600@cl16 stable. With avx downset0



Prime95/cinebench scores or it didn't happen

bass junkie xl wrote:
2 new problems with bios 1003 now i have noticed .
its a new issue with the fan headers
i have top cpu_opt hooked to a top 140mm fan whhen adjusting that fun
ext_fan at bottom of board adjust with cpu_opt .......

probleme 2

ext_fan 3 i have my water pump to it and now can not run less then 100 % 24/7 in manual pmw mode ..... if i change
minamum % to less then 100 % it goes back to 100 .... i have to use the pre sets of silent or standanrd or its allways 100 % now .....
and i already tried the q fan auto adjusment thing to let me me know what min % evrything can run @

new bios fixes cpu z reporting worng voltege but brakes 2 fan headers and doesnt fix audio crackling 😞

other issue why can i not run my fans less then 60 % or 100 % on this baord ????????
i dont need my fans @ 1800 rmps jet when siting here
i have tried pwm mode / dc mode / auto and then i ran the q fan auto dete4ct mode as well .........


Why do you have your waterpump connected to ext_fan 3? Ext_fan is strictly for case fans and NOT waterpump!! Why do you think there are waterpump headers on the morherboard? Some people are just making problems and don't know how to connect things. You are the one causing problems NOT Bios 1003. Try to learn how to connect things on your motherboard.

emsir wrote:
Why do you have your waterpump connected to ext_fan 3? Ext_fan is strictly for case fans and NOT waterpump!! Why do you think there are waterpump headers on the morherboard? Some people are just making problems and don't know how to connect things. You are the one causing problems NOT Bios 1003. Try to learn how to connect things on your motherboard.


does exactly the same thing when i plug it in to w + pump header i was using chassis ffan # 3 as i didnt need to stretch the cord so far .

previous bios didnt have this issue .

does the same thing on a few headers .

also when i adjust fan header cpu_opt wich is near the cpu top of board my chasis fan 2 @ bottom of board both are not controllable by them selves
if i turn up cpu opt chasis fan 2 goes up explain that ? didn't previously
Rig # 1 - 14900Ks SP-118 | 87 MC @ 6.0 GHZ | 5.2 R | 4.7 E | DDR5 48GB @ 8,600 c36 | Strix RTX 4090 | PG27AQN 1440P 27" 360 Hz G-Sync ULMB 2

Rig # 2 - 14900K-SP-120 | 89 MC @ 5.9 GHZ | 5.2 R | 4.7 E | DDR4 32GB @ 4,300 c15 | Strix RTX 3080 | Aoc 1080P 25" 240 Hz G-Sync

There is a big difference between a Fan Header and a Water pump header.
A Water pump should not be regulated same like a Fan. If a Water pump is regulated then from a Software from the supplier of the Water pump.

MikelMolto wrote:
There is a big difference between a Fan Header and a Water pump header.
A Water pump should not be regulated same like a Fan. If a Water pump is regulated then from a Software from the supplier of the Water pump.



i totaly under stand

my 360mm aio is a swifttec h320 x 2 and the pump gets power from a sata conection power plug the fan header is just for control the pump i like to have it
@ 1700 rmp @ 50 c and under and @ 65 c i like to have it @ 2000 rpm 75 c @ 100 %

my probelme was i cant control the pump even if i hook it to +w_pump does the same thing on bios 1003
Rig # 1 - 14900Ks SP-118 | 87 MC @ 6.0 GHZ | 5.2 R | 4.7 E | DDR5 48GB @ 8,600 c36 | Strix RTX 4090 | PG27AQN 1440P 27" 360 Hz G-Sync ULMB 2

Rig # 2 - 14900K-SP-120 | 89 MC @ 5.9 GHZ | 5.2 R | 4.7 E | DDR4 32GB @ 4,300 c15 | Strix RTX 3080 | Aoc 1080P 25" 240 Hz G-Sync

Menthol
Level 14
Give it a little while, if your board has an updated bios it will show soon, look in the other tab

mcmarky
Level 8
bass junkie xl wrote:
BIOS
8700k @ 5 ghz 1.33v adaptive -delided


I am trying to use adaptive voltage as well, but CPU-Z and HWInfo show me higher CPU voltages as I set in UEFI. Only in manual/override voltage the values are identic.

mcmarky wrote:
I am trying to use adaptive voltage as well, but CPU-Z and HWInfo show me higher CPU voltages as I set in UEFI. Only in manual/override voltage the values are identic.


you have to enable

SVID SUPPORT = ENABLE
SVID BEST CASE CINARIO

for adaptive to work

then type in the max voltege u want example 1.32v leave offset to auto

re test

i have 8700k @ 5 ghz adaptive
1.32v - 1.34v on load
load line calibration = 6
svid support=on
svid best cinario
Rig # 1 - 14900Ks SP-118 | 87 MC @ 6.0 GHZ | 5.2 R | 4.7 E | DDR5 48GB @ 8,600 c36 | Strix RTX 4090 | PG27AQN 1440P 27" 360 Hz G-Sync ULMB 2

Rig # 2 - 14900K-SP-120 | 89 MC @ 5.9 GHZ | 5.2 R | 4.7 E | DDR4 32GB @ 4,300 c15 | Strix RTX 3080 | Aoc 1080P 25" 240 Hz G-Sync