cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memtweakit error fix

bscool
Level 11
Uninstall Windows update KB4571756 and it should work again.
39 REPLIES 39

Shamino wrote:
here
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x6hy0hrsgurosb2/MemTweakIt_cupidsdk151.zip?dl=0

Problems here with this portable version on a Maximus XII Extreme BIOS 0901 and Windows 10 2004 19041.630: it just shows the disclaimer window. If I press okay the program closes itself. What can I do?

Shamino wrote:
here

Shamino, you are real good people!
Z690 Apex 12900k G Skill 32GB 6666 Gigabyte 4080 OC H170i Elite Corsair 1600i Samsung 980 pro 2TB/1TB/1TB/1TB

Shamino wrote:
here

Thanks, Shamino seems to show incorrect values when I launch it though 😞

Shamino wrote:
here

This version does work but honestly its a mess and should be addressed.

For starters it cannot read the timings correctly, which I can point out that MSI dragon ball worked in that regard.

Because of this misread, any attempts to initially set timings will result in bad timings set UNLESS you are to correct all the bad timings, like command rate being set to 1T and TRAS being almost if not more than half its actual value. Once you set twr properly and a few others noted below.

Again I will reference the lovely dragon ball software posted in the OP as they both have the exact same limited functionality. In fact any page but the first page in memtweakit is completely useless or unchangeable.

This includes some pretty important timings like TXP and PPD which have been so graciously added to the beta bios available for z490 (by request mind you through the community of OC enthusiasts like myself.) Which are now completely locked out or gated to Asus' newest platform, which we know is going to support Rocket lake.

It seems to be a missed priority and I am afraid now that z390/z370 is officially EOL we are SOL with regards to any feature updates or backwards compatibility.

Short end to my long winded rant is BIOS update 1802 and 2402 is the end of the line for us X/XI supporters.

PerpetualCycle
Level 13
@shamino

Any chance of getting this fixed?

Thanks

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

Enderwiggin03
Level 7
I tried it as well, as soon as I hit apply, PC locked up, didn't even change any settings.

Shamino

I just wanted to say I very much appreciate the quick response, I was excited to try this one but it seems I am still having no luck. The timings are still reading incorrect values and the entire 3rd page is blocked from changing. I am on the most recent BIOS available for my maximus xi code

dom1n0 wrote:
I just wanted to say I very much appreciate the quick response, I was excited to try this one but it seems I am still having no luck. The timings are still reading incorrect values and the entire 3rd page is blocked from changing. I am on the most recent BIOS available for my maximus xi code

does dragon ball work for those?
if so use it

PPD is only available to be changed within memtweakit and some beta bioses for z490. I would very much like this to make its way to z390 bios if possible, it would remove the need for memtweakit entirely.

Otherwise I am missing out on a very important aspect of my OC which is a bit disappointing as I once was able to enjoy.

I understand that z390 is not long for this market but if it is a dying wish of the platform would to have access to these settings within the BIOS.

If that cannot be done and the software is legacy then I guess I will have to accept that and move on.

Thank you for your time, it is my pleasure, seriously,