cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAximus XI Hero and i9-9900k AIDA Cache & Memory Benchmark

cniedzi
Level 8
Hi,

I have two questions related to Cache & Memory performance.

Few days ago I had results shown in attached image, ie L2 Cache Read ca. 910 GB/s. Now, I can achieve only ca. 350GB/s. Moreover, memory results are the best just after power boot. When I restart computer the results are lower, for example 51000/52000/48000/48.

1. What can have impact on L2 Cache drop ? Any BIOS settings?
2. Why memory performance is worse after reset ?


Any idea?

i9-9900k @5GHz
F4-3866C18Q-32GTZR


PS> FEEL FREE TO POST YOUR RESULTS HERE 🙂
4,339 Views
6 REPLIES 6

cniedzi
Level 8
I've installed BIOS 0905 and below are my current results for F4-3866C18Q-32GTZR.
I can get max 3900MHz 17-17-17-36 2T @VCCIO 1.10V, VCCSA 1.15V Mode 2. If I go higher Write to memory drops to ca. 30000MB/s (Copy too). I can't get higher Write and Copy results in Mode 2. In Mode 1 Cache and Memory benchmark looks pretty well, but WinRAR fails 😞
If someone can drive me how to tune memory in Mode 1 to go higher without any drop, I would be grateful 🙂

cniedzi wrote:
I've installed BIOS 0905 and below are my current results for F4-3866C18Q-32GTZR.
I can get max 3900MHz 17-17-17-36 2T @VCCIO 1.10V, VCCSA 1.15V Mode 2. If I go higher Write to memory drops to ca. 30000MB/s (Copy too). I can't get higher Write and Copy results in Mode 2. In Mode 1 Cache and Memory benchmark looks pretty well, but WinRAR fails 😞
If someone can drive me how to tune memory in Mode 1 to go higher without any drop, I would be grateful 🙂


Hi,

I've managed to get 4133MHz @18-18-18-36-2T (DRAM Voltage 1.40V, VCCIO 1.15V, VCCSA 1.15V) at full bandwith in Mode 2. The problem was due to 3rd timings set automatically by BIOS for speed over 3900MHz . I've manually copied 3rd timings from 3900MHz profile in Mode 2 and there are my results 🙂

cniedzi
Level 8
cniedzi wrote:
Hi,

I have two questions related to Cache & Memory performance.

Few days ago I had results shown in attached image, ie L2 Cache Read ca. 910 GB/s. Now, I can achieve only ca. 350GB/s. Moreover, memory results are the best just after power boot. When I restart computer the results are lower, for example 51000/52000/48000/48.

1. What can have impact on L2 Cache drop ? Any BIOS settings?
2. Why memory performance is worse after reset ?


Any idea?

i9-9900k @5GHz
F4-3866C18Q-32GTZR


PS> FEEL FREE TO POST YOUR RESULTS HERE 🙂



Just for the record - memory and cache performance drops were due to Intel Virtualization enabled in BIOS. When disabled, performance return to normal.

Looks like Hyper-V installed caused performance drop. When I've uninstalled it and installed VirtualBox instead, the performance has not changed.

cniedzi wrote:
Looks like Hyper-V installed caused performance drop. When I've uninstalled it and installed VirtualBox instead, the performance has not changed.


That is great news! I am glad you have everything working well now! :cool:

cniedzi wrote:
Looks like Hyper-V installed caused performance drop. When I've uninstalled it and installed VirtualBox instead, the performance has not changed.


This is why it is wise not to get caught up on latency-sensitive benchmark results. Such tests are highly sensitive to background activity.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090