cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus XI - Graphics card change

Black_Rat
Level 7
I'm unable to remove the graphics card on my Maximus XI hero!
In which direction have this plastic lock to be pressed?
Is this to be pressed in direction of the board or to the card or what else?
4 REPLIES 4

Falkentyne
Level 12
Black Rat wrote:
I'm unable to remove the graphics card on my Maximus XI hero!
In which direction have this plastic lock to be pressed?
Is this to be pressed in direction of the board or to the card or what else?

The PCIE lock should usually be pressed to the side going towards the CPU, towards the cpu if it's a side tab, or otherwise pressed down if not.
On most older boards (not sure about all), the latch is on the right side of the card (with rear I/O on the back orientation).
For boards that have the latch directly in front of the slot, then you just press down on it (which is MUCH easier).

Doesn't the Maximus XI have the push down tabs?
Why didn't you read the manual? It should tell you specifically. I *highly doubt* it's push up as that's completely illogical.

Thanks for the info, even if it is very much generic.

There is no information in the manual, in which direction I have to press. And if I press hard in the wrong dirextion, maybe it can be spoiled.

I found a picture of the mechanismus on the web: As it is symetric viewed from above the PCI-E port, for me it seems it can only be pressed up or down?

Black Rat wrote:
Thanks for the info, even if it is very much generic.

There is no information in the manual, in which direction I have to press. And if I press hard in the wrong dirextion, maybe it can be spoiled.

I found a picture of the mechanismus on the web: As it is symetric viewed from above the PCI-E port, for me it seems it can only be pressed up or down?

To install card...push tab down toward the board...install card firmly in place by pushing downward ...the tab will move upwards until a click is heard locking the card in place....To remove card...again...push tab down and remove card...sometimes you may have to hold the tab down while pulling card out.
Asus ROG Maximus XI EXTREME
Intel i7 9900K OC'D @ 5.2 GHZ @ 1.345V (1.296V LOAD) LLC 6 PRIME 95 STABLE 8 HRS
XSPC RX360 Rad (6)Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850 RPM Fans In Push/Pull @ 1500 RPMS
Swiftech Drive II / Swiftech MCP35X Pump
Enermax Platimax 1200 Watt Power Supply
32GB G.Skill F4-3866C18Q-32GTZR 3866 MHZ CL18 1.35V (OC 4266MHZ 17-18-18-41-2T @1.45V)
MSI GTX 1070 SEA HAWK EK X SLI WITH ASUS HB RGB
(5)Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB In Raid 0
(2) WD 1TB Black Edition
Corsair 900 D

09subie
Level 8
I noticed the same thing, the tab wouldn't click when I would press it down to unlock. In order for me to uninstall the card I needed to push down on the tab while pulling the graphic card out. I didn't do anything forcefully though, last thing you want is a broken tab.