Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus XI Gene world record breaker

Menthol
Level 14
Maximus XI Gene looks like an amazing board and the best for overclocking

15 REPLIES 15

HiVizMan wrote:
Menthol good to see you going strong mate. Looking forward to playing with this platform myself.

Heat when overclocking these new processors is always going to be factor, but then when was heat not a factor in overclocking.

Certainly the Maximus boards have more than enough headers for cooling, VRM, and what ever else you want to direct air flow over.

Welcome back 🙂

HiVizMan wrote:
Menthol good to see you going strong mate. Looking forward to playing with this platform myself.

Heat when overclocking these new processors is always going to be factor, but then when was heat not a factor in overclocking.

Certainly the Maximus boards have more than enough headers for cooling, VRM, and what ever else you want to direct air flow over.

It just got a lot cooler around here, so glad to hear from you my friend, hope all is as well as can be expected

Rob_W_
Level 12
Nice one Menthol,:D
And there was me heart set on waiting for the extreme version and then you poste this!
I9-9900 pre ordered, now major rethink on mobo?
Nice results though, so the board is suited to sub zero Oc but I wonder in the real world of mortal Oc’ers would it still be as good? Or the extreme?::confused:

Menthol
Level 14
Apparently heat is the limiting factor on the new processors, reading reviews most boards reach the same OC using similar cooling, the Extreme gives you many more options for add on cards, storage etc.

Menthol
Level 14
Installed the Gene in a Lian Li Air case for daily use today, purrs like a kitten, growls like a lion
using a Corsair H150i with the fans that came with the unit and added the Lian Li RGB fans that came with the case, I don't care for flashy lights so all are on static mode
Temperatures are very good for an AIO
CPU is a average 9700K @ 50 per core, I have the voltage set on adaptive 1.30 LLC 5 but AIDA64 reads 1.375 under load
Gsill 2x8 4500 which runs fine on XMP but I am running them at 3600 15-15-36-1T because those settings gave me higher XTU score and lower VCCIO and VCCSA voltages
Storage is an Intel 480GB Optane for OS, 2 512GB Samsung 950 Pro's on motherboard, a Samsung 1TB 960 Pro and a Plextor 1TB 8PeY on the DIMM.2 module

HiVizMan
Level 40
Bloody nice daily rig Menthol. Shudder to think what your benching rig must be like in that case.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.