Did you mean: 

Maximus XI Gene world record breaker

Menthol
Level 14
Maximus XI Gene looks like an amazing board and the best for overclocking

15 REPLIES 15

Nate152
Wow good to see that Menthol.

That would be the Maximus XI Mean Gene Machine, nothing competing with it and in different benchmarks too.

They are some amazing overclocks !

Menthol
Level 14
Yes Nate, it looks like it is at least temporarily replacing the Apex from last Gen. performance wise.
I have my board in hand and a kit of G Skill 4500mhz 19-19-19 memory kit, and a 9700K being shipped today so I can start playing in a couple days
Obviously all those records are using Liquid Nitrogen and Helium, best cooling I have is a water chiller so I won't be overclocking anywhere near those but a lot of fun non the less

The board is heavier than the size would suggest = Quality

Dimm.2 module with heatsinks, also heavy

I would have like a 4700 or 4800mhz kit but this was the best kit available and all black, no RGB to my liking

Black on Black

Looks good without any lights

Pictures taken with phone on my ironing board, my girlfriend left the iron board up after ironing my clothes, what a wonderful lady

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Enjoy 🙂

I'm a huge fan of the DIMM.2 spreader.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Menthol
Level 14
Same hear, I will run a couple GPU benchmarks with Dimm module installed and not installed to verify if X8 speed affects a 2080ti, sure it will be a minimum hit if any but people still worry about that for some reason, then soon I will install it in a case with AIO and compare overclocking headroom and run it is my daily ride

Phillyflyer
Level 10
Picking up the 9900K this evening....will be testing the chip out on the Asus Z370 Maximus X Code....will be interesting to see the performance and temps .
Asus ROG Maximus XI EXTREME
Intel i7 9900K OC'D @ 5.2 GHZ @ 1.345V (1.296V LOAD) LLC 6 PRIME 95 STABLE 8 HRS
XSPC RX360 Rad (6)Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850 RPM Fans In Push/Pull @ 1500 RPMS
Swiftech Drive II / Swiftech MCP35X Pump
Enermax Platimax 1200 Watt Power Supply
32GB G.Skill F4-3866C18Q-32GTZR 3866 MHZ CL18 1.35V (OC 4266MHZ 17-18-18-41-2T @1.45V)
MSI GTX 1070 SEA HAWK EK X SLI WITH ASUS HB RGB
(5)Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB In Raid 0
(2) WD 1TB Black Edition
Corsair 900 D

Phillyflyer wrote:
Picking up the 9900K this evening....will be testing the chip out on the Asus Z370 Maximus X Code....will be interesting to see the performance and temps .

That's great please post your results when you have the time especially temps VRM ,CPU and if any throttling kicks in.
I have the same motherboard and i was thinking of upgrading to an i9 9900K when prices drop.
Thanks.

Menthol
Level 14
From what all the reviews say the new chips get hot quick so I am thinking that as long as you have an ROG Maximus board the Z370 will be just fine and OC the CPU the same, memory compatibility and overclocking may be better, improved USB 3.1 v2, Wifi, BT, better etc. But we will see soon.
I have a 360 rad on my test bench to test ambient water and a chiller to connect for a little better temps but no Extreme cooling to get the big OC
Then I'll put it in a case with an AIO to test a more average build that most people use to help new builders on advice

Menthol wrote:
From what all the reviews say the new chips get hot quick so I am thinking that as long as you have an ROG Maximus board the Z370 will be just fine and OC the CPU the same, memory compatibility and overclocking may be better, improved USB 3.1 v2, Wifi, BT, better etc. But we will see soon.
I have a 360 rad on my test bench to test ambient water and a chiller to connect for a little better temps but no Extreme cooling to get the big OC
Then I'll put it in a case with an AIO to test a more average build that most people use to help new builders on advice

A great looking and performing board by the looks of it. And not available in North America. Great.

i9 12900k + Asus Maximus Z690 Apex + EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FTW3 ULTRA
G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5 6000l XMP 3.0 Desktop Memory Model F5-6000U4040E16GX2-TZ5RK+ Samsung 870 Pro SSD, EVO 1TB, EVO 2TB
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 T2 Power Supply + Fractal Meshify 2 XL case
Ek Velocity 2 CPU block, Ek GPU block
Koolance Fittings and QDC's + Mo-Ra 3 Pro 4x180 Radiator
LG 38GL950G Monitor +
Windows 10 Pro

HiVizMan
Level 40
Menthol good to see you going strong mate. Looking forward to playing with this platform myself.

Heat when overclocking these new processors is always going to be factor, but then when was heat not a factor in overclocking.

Certainly the Maximus boards have more than enough headers for cooling, VRM, and what ever else you want to direct air flow over.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.