cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus XI Gene Question !!!

BLOODCHILLER
Level 7
After the Apex z390 build not hapening * i decided to get a Gene XI motherboard and put all the gear i got for the Apex on it but i have come to a stop .
2 items i have maybe incobatible Ram and CPU .

First item RAMS : G.SKILL Trident Z DDR4-3600, CL17-19-19-39 (F4-3600C17D-32GTZKW) 2X16GB
Second CPU : i9 9900k

The specific Rams are on the list of combatible Rams in the suport Asus ventor list and ofc says they are compatible with the mobo but when i go to Benchmark
web
site and build the pc it says incombatible ram BETA .
https://www.userbenchmark.com/PCBuilder/Custom/S101906-M605967.842105.423831.238608vsS0-M434505?tab=...

CPU i9 9900K i plan to have it on 5Ghz non stop and i think it will have thermal throttling issues

Is there some one who can drop a line with some advice about this ?
Or a build with the best posible parts in order to not have thermal throttling cpu cooler is going to be the kraken x62

thank you !!!

* https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?116111-Asus-z390&highlight=z390#
8 REPLIES 8

KotOr368
Level 9
i wouldn't worry much about it. 3600 isnt some crazy high speed. I have Apex and this F4-3200C14D-32GTRS it isnt on asus QVL but G.skill QVL says its ok. And its working OK
Your memory is on G.skill and asus QVL and to be sure just update bios to 1302 or 1401 and you should be fine

KotOr368 wrote:
i wouldn't worry much about it. 3600 isnt some crazy high speed. I have Apex and this F4-3200C14D-32GTRS it isnt on asus QVL but G.skill QVL says its ok. And its working OK
Your memory is on G.skill and asus QVL and to be sure just update bios to 1302 or 1401 and you should be fine

Hi and thank you for your time !!!
After your post i did go to G Skill web site and checked for the rams they are listed on the QVL list for GENE XI 😛 .

Enyone out there got the GENE XI runing on 5ghz with a i9 9900k non stop and what cooling are you using ?

1mluer
Level 11
Hey Blood chiller

I just built a XI GENE for my brother. I have the same exact ram and CPU for that board. The ram you will need to set the VCCIO and SA voltages around 1.18v to keep it stable. Even though it's only 3600 it's still an OC on the ram. XMP profile 1 works perfect. The CPU no brainer. I ran my bros CPU at 5.1ghz 7/24 without issue. I do the same on my XI Apex of which I can go up to 5.2ghz but it's pushing it so I backed that down to 5.1ghz. just set the CPU voltage at 1.29 to 1.3 and there is no issue. I am guessing you have a decent cooler.

Everything should work like butter.. just know if it starts crashing windows under load you will have to reevaluate the VCCIO and SA voltage and move them up slightly. I ready did that for my board and ram chips you may need to adjust your ever so slightly. if you have 1.18 set and need to move it up use small steps like 1.1825. You wont be in trouble till after 1.3 so don't think you will be blowing anything up.. You are just looking for optimization.
InWin 909 Silver RGB build
i9-10900k
ROG Maximus XII Apex
ROG Matrix 2080 ti
Gskill Trident Royal 4400 16g

Everything overclocked and love it.
ROG Awesomeness !!!!

1mluer wrote:
Hey Blood chiller

I just built a XI GENE for my brother. I have the same exact ram and CPU for that board. The ram you will need to set the VCCIO and SA voltages around 1.18v to keep it stable. Even though it's only 3600 it's still an OC on the ram. XMP profile 1 works perfect. The CPU no brainer. I ran my bros CPU at 5.1ghz 7/24 without issue. I do the same on my XI Apex of which I can go up to 5.2ghz but it's pushing it so I backed that down to 5.1ghz. just set the CPU voltage at 1.29 to 1.3 and there is no issue. I am guessing you have a decent cooler.

Everything should work like butter.. just know if it starts crashing windows under load you will have to reevaluate the VCCIO and SA voltage and move them up slightly. I ready did that for my board and ram chips you may need to adjust your ever so slightly. if you have 1.18 set and need to move it up use small steps like 1.1825. You wont be in trouble till after 1.3 so don't think you will be blowing anything up.. You are just looking for optimization.

Hi and thank you for the info its great news to me :cool:
Will try it out with thos setings when its all up and running and get back to you :cool: .
At the moment i am waiting for the kraken x72 to arive and some other parts, thinking of the lian li 011 Dynamic XL ROG edition for a case was going for the Be Quiet Dark Base 900 but i think the 011 will have beter airflow plus my old Lian Li never let me down great cases .

BLOODCHILLER wrote:
Hi and thank you for the info its great news to me :cool:
Will try it out with thos setings when its all up and running and get back to you :cool: .
At the moment i am waiting for the kraken x72 to arive and some other parts, thinking of the lian li 011 Dynamic XL ROG edition for a case was going for the Be Quiet Dark Base 900 but i think the 011 will have beter airflow plus my old Lian Li never let me down great cases .

Aye I bought him an In-win 905 case.. It's very good and has awesome look.. My apex has the In-win 909 silver case.. my 7700k system has an In-win 909 black case.. I don't have any problems buying nice cases 🙂 Looking at the In-win 925 from my HEDT build I am looking to start in Summer.
i9-10900k
ROG Maximus XII Apex
ROG Matrix 2080 ti

ROG Awesomeness !!!!

1mluer
Level 11
Cooler wise I use ASUS Ryujin 360 on my Gene
i9-10900k
ROG Maximus XII Apex
ROG Matrix 2080 ti

ROG Awesomeness !!!!

lowdog
Level 7
I have this board and the same cpu and ram...….I have my CPU VCCIO - 1.04250 and CPU VCCSA - 1.08725 and it's perfectly stable with XMP II and cpu stock with MCE - AUTO.

Sometimes more voltage on CPU VCCIO and CPU VCCSA can make the system less stable.....if your overclocking your cpu above 5GHz then you may need to increase these volts but with MCE - AUTO or ENABLED and your ram on XMP II you should be able to keep both these volts under 1.1v or 1.15v MAX!

Remember with voltages more is not always better!

davidmoffitt
Level 7
BLOODCHILLER wrote:
After the Apex z390 build not hapening * i decided to get a Gene XI motherboard and put all the gear i got for the Apex on it but i have come to a stop .
2 items i have maybe incobatible Ram and CPU .

First item RAMS : G.SKILL Trident Z DDR4-3600, CL17-19-19-39 (F4-3600C17D-32GTZKW) 2X16GB
Second CPU : i9 9900k
(snip)

I have the "lesser" Z390I ITX board with very similar components as you mentioned and it's all fine. I've been running either 5.1 all core (AVX -3) or 5.0 (AVX -2) at relatively low voltages (1.288 VCORE / 1.168 VCCIO / 1.136 VCCSA). I've even lately been using 64GB (2x32GB Trident Z Neo - not the DC dimms) and it's stable as can be (24 hour memtest, 6 hours of Prime small / in place FFT). I realize this is a few weeks later but I'm looking to mvoe to a Gene because I trust if anything it will be BETTER than the "strix" level ITX board.