cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus XI Formula OLED Burn-In

Zammin
Level 9
Hi everyone

Just a warning to owners of this motherboard or any other ASUS LiveDash product that uses an OLED display, if you leave it on a hardware monitor or any other setting where there is static text, over time it will cause burn-in. I knew this was an issue with larger color OLED displays like TVs for example, but I hadn't realised that really small, basic, black and white OLED displays like this are affected as well.

I realised today when I finally had a go at uploading my own animated GIF to display on the LiveDash and I can still see the words "CPU Voltage" and the outline of the numbers below as a dark outline on top of the animation. I had been using the CPU voltage readout for around 6 months prior to this. When the system is turned off it runs the standard "FORMULA" animation.

I find this very annoying and yet another problem with this expensive motherboard. I tried googling the issue and nothing came up specific to ASUS LiveDash displays. So I thought I should post a warning for any owners of LiveDash equipped motherboards and AIOs.

If anyone form ASUS is reading this it wouldn't hurt to put a warning in either the manual or the LiveDash software stating that static text and images can lead to burn in over time.
6 REPLIES 6

SentineL_VDXi
Level 7
Thanks for the Info! Didn't think about that
ASUS Products: Maximus X Formula - RT-AC87U/AC88U

BroPhilip
Level 7
Agreed, My on the Rampage Extreme has the same issue. It is such a shame, Mine has dimed as well, so I just leave it off and use it only for post codes

BroPhilip wrote:
Agreed, My on the Rampage Extreme has the same issue. It is such a shame, Mine has dimed as well, so I just leave it off and use it only for post codes

How do you turn it off and only for POST codes?*

rckrz6
Level 7
Any type of OLED display will have this issue, i don't know why they use them with things that display static images

erixx11
Level 11
IN THE BIOS you can configurate it. "Integrated periphals"

That said, you can set iut up in Armoury to display as many as 6 values. This way it will change constantly and not bur the OLED

mcvc69
Level 8
I got the burn-in 😞 are there any ways to fix or does the warranty covers it ?