cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus XI Formula crappy RGB

EvilPepe
Level 7
I have an RMA approved for the near invisible RGB lighting on my motherboard Maximus XI Formula. I am obviously concerned about wasting time and money on this RMA if they are not going to fix anything. Can someone please tell me if they are actually going to fix my board or will they just say that is how it was designed and send it back. Here is a copy of my confusing chat log with customer support:

Hello!
Please give me a moment while I review your inquiry.
Thank you for contacting ASUS Product Support, my name is Apollonia S. I do hope you are having a wonderful day today.

hi

From my understanding you would like to know is there something wrong with your board.
my maximus xi formula's rgb is very dim, and doesnt look anything like the pictures....
Thank you for confirming, I apologize about this profusely as I understand how frustrating this can be. I will do my very best to assist you with this issue.

ok

Can you let me know the troubleshooting steps you tried to resolve this issue?

i ve installed aura software and have all the latest update... what else can i do to make the rgb lights on the motherboard visible

Was the RGB light always like this?

yes

Did you try brighting the color with the AURA software?

i even exchanged this board for another one at memory express
there is only 1 setting in aura that will dim and im not using it

Based on the check that was made HQ said that this luminance design is a combination of exterior design and LED optimum life considerations, it is already at it's maximum brightness.

so there is something wrong with it

Correct.

why does it look different in the pictures
should i rma it?

If you wish to have the unit sent in to be evaluated then repaired that is fine Chris.
I am truly sorry for the inconvenience, Chris.

can they fix it or are the just going to return it?

They will fix it if it is hardware related issue.

ok can i start an rma then
24 REPLIES 24

EvilPepe wrote:
I am a 40 year old man is there anyone here who is professionally employed by asus or is this just a circus of retards

No, no, no...try again 40 year old. 😉

Shanester wrote:
No, no, no...try again 40 year old. 😉

what?

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
my code xi just look nice in night. since the so dim. that only i can look it on night time with the computer off. as far is my understanding and after working a lot of formulas xi that is it.
Learn, Play Enjoy! We help and collaborate, NOT complain!

MrAgapiGC wrote:
my code xi just look nice in night. since the so dim. that only i can look it on night time with the computer off. as far is my understanding and after working a lot of formulas xi that is it.

Thank you for replying friend. On my formula the "ROG EYE" isn't lit at all. Yes the rgb is dim and i guess that's a thing but the entire "EYE" is not visible, unlike the picture which clearly shows the eye as lit. I have been an ROG fanboy since my Rampage Extreme Q6600 build and I wanted to build a really nice w/c system. I have a core P5 and I just built a bracket to flip my 2080ti upside down to completely show off the board.... board's not lit.... I think I will RMA it anyway and if they can fix it I will post here.....if not....

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
i just can not duplicate. I can try today again with my machine. my friends call me today and ask me if there is a solution before applying rma o money back. so i am looking for a solution. i will try something new today. there has to be a way.
Learn, Play Enjoy! We help and collaborate, NOT complain!

Ch3vr0n
Level 11
There isn't a "solution", the RGB is very dim and flawed BY DESIGN. I previously owned the M8F and now the M11F formula (bought it for the features i required, aswell as the RGB) and the lighting isn't ANYWHERE NEAR what the images make it out to be. There's nothing to fix, not even with an RMA, even if you'd get a "new" board it would just have the same flawed dim RGB lighting. You only have 2 options

1. Learn to live with it like the rest of us
2. Get a different board model

Ch3vr0n wrote:
There isn't a "solution", the RGB is very dim and flawed BY DESIGN. I previously owned the M8F and now the M11F formula (bought it for the features i required, aswell as the RGB) and the lighting isn't ANYWHERE NEAR what the images make it out to be. There's nothing to fix, not even with an RMA, even if you'd get a "new" board it would just have the same flawed dim RGB lighting. You only have 2 options

1. Learn to live with it like the rest of us
2. Get a different board model

I truly fear that this is the case. However, "learning to Iive with it" is not an option for me I purchased this very expensive board because of the way it looks in the pictures... In Canada it is illegal to misrepresent/ false advertise your product, and they approved the rma and told me there is something wrong with my board... and apparently there is no moderator or admin in this forum and no response on the discord server either...

EvilPepe wrote:
I truly fear that this is the case. However, "learning to Iive with it" is not an option for me I purchased this very expensive board because of the way it looks in the pictures... In Canada it is illegal to misrepresent/ false advertise your product, and they approved the rma and told me there is something wrong with my board... and apparently there is no moderator or admin in this forum and no response on the discord server either...

I already gave you the answer to your post and you just ignored me in the worst possible way.
BTW i am 41 years old and i know what i am talking about.

WAIT! There’s more...

I’m 55 years old and I’ve seen a lot of pictures (RMA’d). No, I’ll just take a refund; thank you! However, I’ll take a replacement only if I can watch the people/person make it.

Anyway, the red LED on the IX Extreme monoblock is dim too. The green and blue LEDs increase VRM and CPU temperature by approximately 1 degree Celsius due to brightness (Just SMILE). And all LEDS are dim on the PCH cover too. The LEDs on the I/O cover in any color causes blindness (it’s melting), but I like it!

Nevertheless, the LED color brightness has been going downhill since. There I was starring into the LED light (SMILE)!

By the way, who knows, maybe ASUS will get LEDs with the correct specifications. This LED with this voltage/current applied will glow at this intensity, but it might cost consumers more. RMA’d ASUS IX extreme for no audio out on green jack of rear I/O panel (painless).

pndiode wrote:
WAIT! There’s more...

I’m 55 years old and I’ve seen a lot of pictures (RMA’d). No, I’ll just take a refund; thank you! However, I’ll take a replacement only if I can watch the people/person make it.

Anyway, the red LED on the IX Extreme monoblock is dim too. The green and blue LEDs increase VRM and CPU temperature by approximately 1 degree Celsius due to brightness (Just SMILE). And all LEDS are dim on the PCH cover too. The LEDs on the I/O cover in any color causes blindness (it’s melting), but I like it!

Nevertheless, the LED color brightness has been going downhill since. There I was starring into the LED light (SMILE)!

By the way, who knows, maybe ASUS will get LEDs with the correct specifications. This LED with this voltage/current applied will glow at this intensity, but it might cost consumers more. RMA’d ASUS IX extreme for no audio out on green jack of rear I/O panel (painless).

advertised

actual