cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus XI Extreme BIOS 1802

Re
Level 10
Since Updating my MB to 1802 i can boot with XMP 2 profile but the my pc needs now longer to start into the Post screen (rog logo), Displays stays dark for 1-2 min until the board go through all checks (hdd check, mem check etc..) after all tests it starts normal....*

Anyone has the same issue?*
26 REPLIES 26

foetopsy
Level 8
Re@per wrote:
Since Updating my MB to 1802 i can boot with XMP 2 profile but the my pc needs now longer to start into the Post screen (rog logo), Displays stays dark for 1-2 min until the board go through all checks (hdd check, mem check etc..) after all tests it starts normal....*

Anyone has the same issue?*

enter all the settings manually, this is the ram frequency, voltage and sa / io and forget what xmp is on intel

orlandofuriosoo
Level 7
noticed long post times after reset and getting bios safe mode message randomly which is usualy if i reset right after a boot after having windows load a bit for about 3 min. If the computer is on awhile though Normally i notcied my CPU DRAM lights will cycle 2 sometimes 3 times before posting and then booting normally. XMP off my post time is alot quicker.

Heres a video of a typical boot for me after restarting. No errors or issues after posting on this video

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AhFCnJcoDCufvQ7B3DwBB4OZxuxA?e=CCwnFR

orlandofuriosoo wrote:
noticed long post times after reset and getting bios safe mode message randomly which is usualy if i reset right after a boot after having windows load a bit for about 3 min. If the computer is on awhile though Normally i notcied my CPU DRAM lights will cycle 2 sometimes 3 times before posting and then booting normally. XMP off my post time is alot quicker.

Heres a video of a typical boot for me after restarting. No errors or issues after posting on this video

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AhFCnJcoDCufvQ7B3DwBB4OZxuxA?e=CCwnFR

That is a RAM compatibility/Training test. Mine usually does this when I first turn on my PC, When I push the reset button, or if the PSU loses power. For me it's quicker if I reboot my PC from within Windows.

Jesseinsf wrote:
That is a RAM compatibility/Training test. Mine usually does this when I first turn on my PC, When I push the reset button, or if the PSU loses power. For me it's quicker if I reboot my PC from within Windows.

im not talking about cold boot where i shut off the psu completly or first enable xmp when the power goes off completely for a second and back on , This is a regular windows reset where i noticed the cpu light goes on then dram and then back to cpu and back to dram. It doesnt do it with xmp off so im guessing its the training like you said. Just after noticing the bios going into safe mode randomly " if i reset the pc about 2-3 times" im just noticing it now. Majority of my start ups and reboots though are fine

The safe mode issue is odd though. If i leave my pc on for awhile or at least about say longer than 5-10 min i can reset / shut down no issue. if i do it about 2-3min after logging on "specifically right after i notice the XTU service start in the event viewer" then i can reproduce it. Ill see the cpu and dram go back anf forth about 5 or 6 cycles until finally it posts and then the bios safe mode message pops up.

wondering if anyone else with bios 1802 can reproduce this as well or if its just a memory instability from resetting numourous times.

Also the event 137 isssue ive read people report on this forum i have as well and notcied after the last bios update 1702. After waking from sleep. Just pops up in the event viewer as an error, no effect on anything else

orlandofuriosoo wrote:
im not talking about cold boot where i shut off the psu completly or first enable xmp when the power goes off completely for a second and back on , This is a regular windows reset where i noticed the cpu light goes on then dram and then back to cpu and back to dram. It doesnt do it with xmp off so im guessing its the training like you said. Just after noticing the bios going into safe mode randomly " if i reset the pc about 2-3 times" im just noticing it now. Majority of my start ups and reboots though are fine

The safe mode issue is odd though. If i leave my pc on for awhile or at least about say longer than 5-10 min i can reset / shut down no issue. if i do it about 2-3min after logging on "specifically right after i notice the XTU service start in the event viewer" then i can reproduce it. Ill see the cpu and dram go back anf forth about 5 or 6 cycles until finally it posts and then the bios safe mode message pops up.

wondering if anyone else with bios 1802 can reproduce this as well or if its just a memory instability from resetting numourous times.

Also the event 137 isssue ive read people report on this forum i have as well and notcied after the last bios update 1702. After waking from sleep. Just pops up in the event viewer as an error, no effect on anything else

When you say "Reset", do you mean "Reboot/Restart? I ask this because if you reset your PC, you erase everything and install a fresh copy of Windows (Settings/Update and Security/Recovery/Reset this PC). Also, have you fiddled around with the DRAM training settings in the BIOS/Firmware? I have 128GB in my Maximus XI Extreme and when it does the DRAM training it takes one minute and 14 seconds (1:14) to get to the desktop. Also, regarding the XTUService, uninstall Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility and overclocking through the BIOS. I never like the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility because it does take a bit longer to boot when it's active on the system.

Jesseinsf wrote:
When you say "Reset", do you mean "Reboot/Restart? I ask this because if you reset your PC, you erase everything and install a fresh copy of Windows (Settings/Update and Security/Recovery/Reset this PC). Also, have you fiddled around with the DRAM training settings in the BIOS/Firmware? I have 128GB in my Maximus XI Extreme and when it does the DRAM training it takes one minute and 14 seconds (1:14) to get to the desktop. Also, regarding the XTUService, uninstall Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility and overclocking through the BIOS. I never like the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility because it does take a bit longer to boot when it's active on the system.

rebootÂ*

no1yak
Level 8
I stopped using bios 1702 and 1802 due to the Kernel Power error 137. On 1602 I've had no problems with my 32GB ram overclocked from 3200 to 3600 even though they are 4x8 and not one complete set and they are over 7 years old, used from previous builds. So Asus has screwed up something in 1701/1802 bios's.

So, If an earlier bios works then don't upgrade. I for one don't need Asus to mess with bios updates to please the 4000 + club.

Also why should we have to jump through hoops to get our machines to boot or faff about trying to get your RAM to work with XMP with these bioses because the Asus clowns screwed up.