cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus XI Extreme BIOS 1802

Re
Level 10
Since Updating my MB to 1802 i can boot with XMP 2 profile but the my pc needs now longer to start into the Post screen (rog logo), Displays stays dark for 1-2 min until the board go through all checks (hdd check, mem check etc..) after all tests it starts normal....*

Anyone has the same issue?*
26 REPLIES 26

Re@per wrote:
you post the same answer in every thread.... you see how many people have problems with the bios 1802... if you have no problems then post your specs and settings... your answers don’t help anyone...I’m not a newbi neither a pro but. If I use the standard settings before and now with the same settings I have problems with the bios 1802 there must be something wrong now... or they make this on purpose for selling new products... btw they didn’t post a change log...

You arrogance is not going to help answer your questions. Most posts in this thread or the other thread don't help anyone. So, what it your point? And if you read my post, you would see that I did say that it could be a bug. I wasn't suggesting a fix, I was sharing my experience that I would start from scratch on each BIOS Update. And there were times that I had to compromise because some settings would no longer work (even if they were "Standard" settings. Right now I find no significant boost in performance when overclocking my CPU while playing 4K gaming. I do however, prefer overclocking my GPU because that is where I see a benefit. And yes, I do use XMP profile 1.

I'm on a 9900KF + Maximus XI Apex.

1602 and previous would boot fine but 1704 and 1802 would not post!
I decided to sell my Hynix CJR based RAM and go to Samsung B Die, and now it POSTs.

At first 1802 was very wonky and the BIOS screen LAGGED big time.
But after I keyed in XMP, SVid typical scenario, and Sync All Cores x47 I am up and running normally.

Ultimately when Asus decided to change the way the boards handle memory it broke compatibility with certain kits.
Hynix is not going to be a priority for Asus to test.

I urge everyone looking to update to this BIOS to stick with known compatible memory.

Shamoo wrote:
I'm on a 9900KF + Maximus XI Apex.

1602 and previous would boot fine but 1704 and 1802 would not post!
I decided to sell my Hynix CJR based RAM and go to Samsung B Die, and now it POSTs.

At first 1802 was very wonky and the BIOS screen LAGGED big time.
But after I keyed in XMP, SVid typical scenario, and Sync All Cores x47 I am up and running normally.

Ultimately when Asus decided to change the way the boards handle memory it broke compatibility with certain kits.
Hynix is not going to be a priority for Asus to test.

I urge everyone looking to update to this BIOS to stick with known compatible memory.

I'm running B-Die (and RAM on the QVL) and still have weird ram training on reboots, despite timings mostly being manually set, MRC Fastboot on etc.

Enderwiggin03 wrote:
I'm running B-Die (and RAM on the QVL) and still have weird ram training on reboots, despite timings mostly being manually set, MRC Fastboot on etc.

From my experience with Asus Maximus XI series boards, this happens when the ram is on the edge of stability (even if all the ram tests in widows seem stable).

Vassilis008 wrote:
From my experience with Asus Maximus XI series boards, this happens when the ram is on the edge of stability (even if all the ram tests in widows seem stable).

I wouldn't even begin to know where the instability lies. It seems more common from cold boot, or even when warmed, but it's fairly inconsistent.

Enderwiggin03 wrote:
I wouldn't even begin to know where the instability lies. It seems more common from cold boot, or even when warmed, but it's fairly inconsistent.

You are asking your CPU to do 4000 CL16... I wonder if my dud 9900KF could hit that on any BIOS.

I wish Asus was a little more transparent with the changes they do on their updates. Did improving system stability as claimed require them to sacrifice the OC ability of the boards?

Shamoo wrote:
You are asking your CPU to do 4000 CL16... I wonder if my dud 9900KF could hit that on any BIOS.

I wish Asus was a little more transparent with the changes they do on their updates. Did improving system stability as claimed require them to sacrifice the OC ability of the boards?

The CPU's been doing 4000 CL16 since I got it, I only started having boot issues after 1802, so I don't understand? I can boot XMP (which is 4266mhz and possibly the "improved stability") but it fails Memtest86. I suspect my VCCSA isn't high enough, but I'm not willing to go above 1.3v reported for daily use.

Laurent0717
Level 7
Re@per wrote:
Since Updating my MB to 1802 i can boot with XMP 2 profile but the my pc needs now longer to start into the Post screen (rog logo), Displays stays dark for 1-2 min until the board go through all checks (hdd check, mem check etc..) after all tests it starts normal....*

Anyone has the same issue?*

With the 1704 and 1802 i cannot boot to windows without xmp 1 enabled

Laurent0717 wrote:
With the 1704 and 1802 i cannot boot to windows without xmp 1 enabled

What kind of memory are you using.... Samsung, Micron or Hynix? The latest builds seem to not work with Hynix at all for me. I switched to Samsung.

Shamoo wrote:
What kind of memory are you using.... Samsung, Micron or Hynix? The latest builds seem to not work with Hynix at all for me. I switched to Samsung.

ALL i know is that they are corsair dominator platinum rgb 32 gb kit 3000mz not on the qvl
next kit will be thouth
and i do not overclock anything i have bad luck