ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti 11GB
Corsair AX1600i PCU
Samsung 970 Pro 1tb NVNe
Corsair 16GB 3466 MHz
thermaltake floe riing 360 AIO water cooler
Rractal Design define R6 case.
Razer lanchaed nouse
Razer tournament x keyboard

My first regret was getting the thermaltake floe riing 369 AIO [especial wired]. The instructions are not clear on what goes where because thermaltake uses USB2 headers for the fan/reg connections to the "module/controller" that comes with it. It is designed to be daisy chained if you ever want a way for running extra fans as push/pull or run two systems as one etc.

I decided to test the AIO connected to the thermenltake PSU whole the rest of the system's motherboard was also connected to the PSU. I began istalling parts to the PSU one at a time. The fist one was the thermenltake AIO, AFTER CONNECTING JUSTY IT to the PSU the PSU gace a working signal light and to my surprise all the rgb lights around the fans turned on in and yje fans spun up. Up to this point when all the system was connected to the PSU the Coarsair PSU self test button failed, it sis not run the thermnaltake AIO at all ????

I then connected the 24 pin motherboarth connection and tested the self testing button on the PSU. It faile.... not working.

My next move it to build this wholes system out of the box and on the the box the Maximus it was shipped in for building the system on the bench out of a case to see if I can estimate why this blasted thing will not boot.

BTW I thought I'd pass on my dilemma onto the list and see if i can catch anyone with some good sound advice to help me get this system to work.
11 REPLIES 11

Tropico wrote:
With the USB BIOS Flashback it doesn't need to POST. It doesn't even need to have a CPU installed. All it needs is power (not powered up).79012

Fair enough, my Z390-E lacks this feature.

Tropico wrote:
You could try a BIOS update with the USB BIOS Flashback utility

I tried that, it was the first thing I did when it first was put together and did not post. I know/knew you do not need a CPU installed with the flashback USB method. just changing the BIOS file name to M11C.CAP [Maximus XI Code] and 24 pin power connector with power on is all you need. The firmware update went well going by the Flashing blue LED increasing in speed till it went out.