cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus X Hero with Trident Z 4133 MHz problems!

Guardas
Level 7
Hello all!
I am a new user in this forum, where I hope to find help for my problem.

In the last days I decided to improve my computer, where I changed the motherboard, processor and memory.
The choice fell on the Asus ROG motherboard Maximus X Hero (without Wi-Fi), the Intel Core i7-8700k processor (has been delid) and the G-Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB memory with clock speed of 4133 MHz (the exact model is: F4-4133C19D-16GTZR ). It is a used set from the first owner who purchased the above-mentioned components two months ago (everything has a shop warranty, except for the processor that was delided - he used liquid metal - Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut, and the processor was already installed in the socket).
Of course, when transporting components, I removed RAM from the sockets, because of security, but once I've installed them back home, the BIOS resets to the initial settings.

Go to the particulars when I want to set the XMP profile for memory (2133 MHz by default), the computer is reset, where next on the POST code reader (Q-Code) there is b1. Yes, code b1, no 61. After this code, the computer resets again 3 times and then pops up after starting the computer that a POST error has occurred and to go to the BIOS settings. When I'm in them, I see that clocking has not occurred correctly and everything has returned to factory settings. I have also suggested an overclocking guide from Der8auer, but this does not give positive results. I also changed the memory of A2-B2 slots. Result? Negative.

I also tried to gradually change the DRAM Voltage between 1.3500v and 1.4000v, and the VCCIO / System Agent Voltage CPU between 1.31v -1.33v // to 2.0v and 2.375v and from the lowest half of 1.15v. but it ended with the same code error.

BIOS version, under which I performed OC data, is 1003 and 1101, but I did not attempt to 0802.

Other components are:
Air Cooling: Cooler Master T4
GPU: Asus Rog GTX1070 Advanced OC 8GB
PSU: Corsair CX750M 750W Green edition (NOT GRAY).
SSD: Crucial MX200 250GB
HDD: WD Blue 1TB
Case: NZXT s340 Window Edition

If I add something to myself, when I chose the day before, the TPU option in the BIOS (TPU 1) alone raised the memory timing to 3733 MHz, but I do not know on what values ​​the other values ​​oscillated + the CPU clock was also increased.

Thank you all for help, and I apologize for my English.
Regards!
669 Views
16 REPLIES 16

Heini
Level 11
Guardas wrote:
It is a used set from the first owner who purchased the above-mentioned components two months ago (everything has a shop warranty, except for the processor that was delided - he used liquid metal - Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut, and the processor was already installed in the socket).


I'd bet that ASUS nor G-Skill will honor a warranty on second hand components and obviously Intel won't. I hope you bought them from someone who can be trusted to help. Sorry I can't help with your problem but I have to ask... "Why buy so new components, used?" If it didn't work for them that would be a red flag to most of us.

Menthol
Level 14
Are you just having trouble running memory at 4133 Mhz or are you having other issue's

Does the system work when memory is left at default speed?

Have you checked the CPU socket for bent or damaged pins?

Phillyflyer
Level 10
Guardas wrote:
Hello all!
I am a new user in this forum, where I hope to find help for my problem.

In the last days I decided to improve my computer, where I changed the motherboard, processor and memory.
The choice fell on the Asus ROG motherboard Maximus X Hero (without Wi-Fi), the Intel Core i7-8700k processor (has been delid) and the G-Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB memory with clock speed of 4133 MHz (the exact model is: F4-4133C19D-16GTZR ). It is a used set from the first owner who purchased the above-mentioned components two months ago (everything has a shop warranty, except for the processor that was delided - he used liquid metal - Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut, and the processor was already installed in the socket).
Of course, when transporting components, I removed RAM from the sockets, because of security, but once I've installed them back home, the BIOS resets to the initial settings.

Go to the particulars when I want to set the XMP profile for memory (2133 MHz by default), the computer is reset, where next on the POST code reader (Q-Code) there is b1. Yes, code b1, no 61. After this code, the computer resets again 3 times and then pops up after starting the computer that a POST error has occurred and to go to the BIOS settings. When I'm in them, I see that clocking has not occurred correctly and everything has returned to factory settings. I have also suggested an overclocking guide from Der8auer, but this does not give positive results. I also changed the memory of A2-B2 slots. Result? Negative.

I also tried to gradually change the DRAM Voltage between 1.3500v and 1.4000v, and the VCCIO / System Agent Voltage CPU between 1.31v -1.33v // to 2.0v and 2.375v and from the lowest half of 1.15v. but it ended with the same code error.

BIOS version, under which I performed OC data, is 1003 and 1101, but I did not attempt to 0802.

Other components are:
Air Cooling: Cooler Master T4
GPU: Asus Rog GTX1070 Advanced OC 8GB
PSU: Corsair CX750M 750W Green edition (NOT GRAY).
SSD: Crucial MX200 250GB
HDD: WD Blue 1TB
Case: NZXT s340 Window Edition

If I add something to myself, when I chose the day before, the TPU option in the BIOS (TPU 1) alone raised the memory timing to 3733 MHz, but I do not know on what values ​​the other values ​​oscillated + the CPU clock was also increased.

Thank you all for help, and I apologize for my English.
Regards!



Error code bi is a memory related error..............It may be something as simple as memory training....are u giving the system enough time to cycle / learn ? ...Have u tried disabling the memory training ??
Have u cleared the CMOS to start from scratch?? (As system was from a previous owner with ???? settings)
Have u tried setting the memory at 4133 MHZ (auto) instead of XMP ??
Have u tried booting the system with just one stick with 4133 MHZ in XMP then add the 2nd stick afterwards.
Has the ram been inserted firmly within the ram slots??
If none of the above works.....as mentioned by Menthol....if very well may come down to bent pin in the socket... a bad memory controller within the cpu...or the ram itself is at fault (which is hard to believe that both sticks have errors)
Asus ROG Maximus XI EXTREME
Intel i7 9900K OC'D @ 5.2 GHZ @ 1.345V (1.296V LOAD) LLC 6 PRIME 95 STABLE 8 HRS
XSPC RX360 Rad (6)Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850 RPM Fans In Push/Pull @ 1500 RPMS
Swiftech Drive II / Swiftech MCP35X Pump
Enermax Platimax 1200 Watt Power Supply
32GB G.Skill F4-3866C18Q-32GTZR 3866 MHZ CL18 1.35V (OC 4266MHZ 17-18-18-41-2T @1.45V)
MSI GTX 1070 SEA HAWK EK X SLI WITH ASUS HB RGB
(5)Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB In Raid 0
(2) WD 1TB Black Edition
Corsair 900 D

@Heini, thank you for your answer. I know, it seems ridiculous to buy "used" parts from another person, but they are new enough to be purchased 2 months ago, and have all the warranty documents, so I can always say that they were bought by my brother or cousin. Also the fact is that when I received them personally, all the components were still in the computer and worked properly with the XMP 4133 MHz profile, and the processor was turned up to 5 GHz.

@Menthol, thank you too for your answer. Yes, I have a problem with running memory in XMP - 4133 MHz mode at latencies 19-19-19-39. When they are at 2133 MHz factory settings, then everything works normally, and the system normally works, there are no problems. And no, I did not check if the pins in the socket are bent, because the processor was not pulled out of the slot while traveling and at home during installation.

@Phillyflyer, Thank you for your answer!
No, I did not turn off the memory training in BIOS.
Yes, I reset the CMOS to start from scratch.
Yes, I set the XMP memory in AUTO mode (4133 MHz), but then the error code b1 begins.
No, I did not try to run the system on only one stick with no profile and with an XMP profile.
Yes, they have been firmly inserted into the memory slots.
Well, I'm still pushing the processor out of the CPU socket to check if the pins in the socket are not bent, if none of the tips are helpful.

Menthol
Level 14
Checking the socket will if nothing else give peace of mind that the socket is not a problem.
Was there a preset in the bios for the former 4133Mhz settings?
Try setting XMP, manually enter 1.4 volts on memory and VCCIO, VCCSA from chart below
73305

@Menthol, Tweak mode leave it on AUTO or put on mode 1 ?

You're going to have to overclock it the old fashion way. Voltage and timing tweaks over and over until you get what you can. Asus has informed me that unless there is an XMP at the end of the memory name in the QVL for your motherboard - ex. CMD16GX4M2B3000C15(Ver5.30)(XMP). Then the memory will not work in XMP mode. Not to say you can't overclock it, just that using the XMP mode is useless. XMP mode for the asus Z370 motherboards only goes up to 3000Mhz for everyone that I checked. All other motherboard manufactures that I checked, (gigabyte, MSI, asrock), have memory in their QVL's that have xmp enabled for the higher clock speeds. Most go up to 3600 and 3733Mhz while some go all the way to 4133Mhz. But not ASUS. I think they dropped the ball on this chipset.

So turn it to manual, set it to the 4133 Mhz, set your voltage to ~1.40 and the timings to 19-19-19-39 and start tweaking voltages and modes from there. Use the advice these guys are giving you. It will help you get where you want or at least closer.

ssuteck wrote:
You're going to have to overclock it the old fashion way. Voltage and timing tweaks over and over until you get what you can. Asus has informed me that unless there is an XMP at the end of the memory name in the QVL for your motherboard - ex. CMD16GX4M2B3000C15(Ver5.30)(XMP). Then the memory will not work in XMP mode. Not to say you can't overclock it, just that using the XMP mode is useless. XMP mode for the asus Z370 motherboards only goes up to 3000Mhz for everyone that I checked. All other motherboard manufactures that I checked, (gigabyte, MSI, asrock), have memory in their QVL's that have xmp enabled for the higher clock speeds. Most go up to 3600 and 3733Mhz while some go all the way to 4133Mhz. But not ASUS. I think they dropped the ball on this chipset.

So turn it to manual, set it to the 4133 Mhz, set your voltage to ~1.40 and the timings to 19-19-19-39 and start tweaking voltages and modes from there. Use the advice these guys are giving you. It will help you get where you want or at least closer.


You: " XMP mode for the asus Z370 motherboards only goes up to 3000Mhz for everyone that I checked".
You checked what? I have Maximus X Z370 and my Corsair Memory (32GB) Works just fine with XMP enabled at 3200 Mhz. Please don't post something you don't know anything about....

Menthol wrote:
Checking the socket will if nothing else give peace of mind that the socket is not a problem.
Was there a preset in the bios for the former 4133Mhz settings?
Try setting XMP, manually enter 1.4 volts on memory and VCCIO, VCCSA from chart below
73305


Does this chart applies to X299 boards? I am having problems with R6E, 7940x and F4-3733C17Q-64GTZR. No boot.