cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus X Hero NVMe bandwidth.

dias_flac_og
Level 8
Hi, I recently got a NVMe and i'm really enjoying it. It's plugged into the slot by the CPU and set to PCI-E in the bios for maximum speed.

My question is does my motherboard support full speed on both of the M.2 slots? I would like to add another NVme to the bottom slot. I notice I can change it to x2 or x4 in the bios but I rather ask to make sure : )
3 REPLIES 3

MoKiChU
Level 40

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

It is on the manual of your motherboard :

Yes thank you for your response. But what i'm asking is can I run TWO NVMe's simultaneously at maximum speed (x4)?

I know some motherboards can't do that. They only let you run one at x4 and the other at x2 so I want to make sure before I spend 200 dollars on a new NVMe.

dias_flac_og wrote:
Yes thank you for your response. But what i'm asking is can I run TWO NVMe's simultaneously at maximum speed (x4)?

I know some motherboards can't do that. They only let you run one at x4 and the other at x2 so I want to make sure before I spend 200 dollars on a new NVMe.

Yes you can run 2 NVMe simultaneously at maximum speed (x4) but sacrificing your SATA 5 and SATA 6 ports. Here are the possible cases :

- M.2_1 : x4 | M.2_2 : x4 | SATA6G_56 : Disabled

or

- M.2_1 : x4 | M.2_2 : x2 | SATA6G_56 : Enabled (Default configuration)