cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus X Hero BIOS 1602

reupens
Level 7
BIOS 1602 is now out.
1. Improve system performance.
2. Support the latest 8th Gen Intel® Core™ Processor.


It's still propagating on the support site, so it's only showing for some operating systems.

HERO download:
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/ROG_MAXIMUS_X_HERO/ROG-MAXIMUS-X-HERO-ASUS-1602.zip

HERO Wi-Fi AC download:
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/ROG_MAXIMUS_X_HERO_WI-FI_AC/ROG-MAXIMUS-X-HERO-WIFI-AC-A...
450 Views
114 REPLIES 114

XYchromosone wrote:
That's a lot of CPUs to go through in such a short time man!! The lad at the store where I purchased mine from who replaced it, said that there have been a large number of dead 8700K being returned... so... it's not an isolated thing.

He didn't say which motherboards were used with those returned CPUs and I doubt the he would know because he never asked what my mobo was, and I never thought of telling him. So I can not say if some makes or models are possibly killing 8700k more than others?


ya this is my 3rd 8700k this one is ton bette then the first 8700k i got on launch .

1st 8700k from september 2017 needed 1.37v for 5 ghz delided
2nd 8700k july 2018 neded 1.26v for 5 ghz , 5.1 ghz @1.33v , 5.2 ghz @1.405 v
3rd 8700k from september 2018 5 ghz needs 1.275v , 5.1 gzh needs 1.34v , 5.2 ghz needs 1.41v

3rd one seems to be ok right now ram is @ 4000 mhz vccio 1.22 vcssa 1.22v i have it as 5.1 ghz @ 1.344v so nothing anywhere is stupid high volts temps are in check to .

im starting to think its a over tightning of the cpu cooler tbh man . jjust a little to tight ( little bit ) on the cpu heat sync on the die she gets constant power offs and freezes ( 1st and 2nd one ) so i went 3 less turns on all 4 mounting screws . maybee the 8700k die is super senesitive to presure ?
Rig # 1 - 14900Ks SP-118 | 87 MC @ 6.0 GHZ | 5.2 R | 4.7 E | DDR5 48GB @ 8,600 c36 | Strix RTX 4090 | PG27AQN 1440P 27" 360 Hz G-Sync ULMB 2

Rig # 2 - 14900K-SP-120 | 89 MC @ 5.9 GHZ | 5.2 R | 4.7 E | DDR4 32GB @ 4,300 c15 | Strix RTX 3080 | Aoc 1080P 25" 240 Hz G-Sync

bass junkie xl wrote:
ya this is my 3rd 8700k this one is ton bette then the first 8700k i got on launch .

1st 8700k from september 2017 needed 1.37v for 5 ghz delided
2nd 8700k july 2018 neded 1.26v for 5 ghz , 5.1 ghz @1.33v , 5.2 ghz @1.405 v
3rd 8700k from september 2018 5 ghz needs 1.275v , 5.1 gzh needs 1.34v , 5.2 ghz needs 1.41v

3rd one seems to be ok right now ram is @ 4000 mhz vccio 1.22 vcssa 1.22v i have it as 5.1 ghz @ 1.344v so nothing anywhere is stupid high volts temps are in check to .

im starting to think its a over tightning of the cpu cooler tbh man . jjust a little to tight ( little bit ) on the cpu heat sync on the die she gets constant power offs and freezes ( 1st and 2nd one ) so i went 3 less turns on all 4 mounting screws . maybee the 8700k die is super senesitive to presure ?


Hello!

It's incredible how many cpu's are dying on you dude! But i'm worriyng about mine now, because the symptoms you describe are starting to happen to my PC.
Computer is freezing at random moments, sometimes when making h.265 encoding, other times just web browsing, but the weird part is that it was stable the last 6 months..

This are my specs:
8700K (Undervolted) Stock TIM
SVID: Best Case Scenario
Offset: -0.050v
Corsair LPX 3000MHZ XMP ON
VCCSA: 1.050v
VCCIO: 1.0v
I tweaked the VCCSA/VCCIO values because the motherboard values where crazy high (1.152v/1.344v) respectively.
Maximus X Hero (No WIFI) Bios 1604

This is the troubleshooting that i did so far:
* Brought back the cpu to stock settings and it still crashed (even with SVID on auto)
*Turn off XMP and keept the cpu at stock settings and it didn't crash (yet)
But i was looking at my bios screen and suddenly freezed with those settings
* Today i updated to bios 1704. Trying that today.

Don't know what the problem could be to be honest. Is it CPU? RAM? Motherboard?
It's freaking me out really.

FZero
Level 7
Updated my Hero X WiFi so far so good.

mijicm1
Level 7
It can't possibly be that my AIO broke down RIGHT after the update. I get 10+ higher temps and my OC to 4.8GHz under 1.25 no longer is stable and can't complete 1 run of RealBench. I have no idea what is going on with these crazy temps...even at default settings and VID set to best-case scenario the voltage seems too high and the temps way way too high...Any thoughts?

Update: I tried to flashback to an earlier version and it didn't work. Has someone noticed that they removed the previous version of BIOS from the website? I also cleared CMOS and it had no effect.

mijicm1 wrote:
It can't possibly be that my AIO broke down RIGHT after the update. I get 10+ higher temps and my OC to 4.8GHz under 1.25 no longer is stable and can't complete 1 run of RealBench. I have no idea what is going on with these crazy temps...even at default settings and VID set to best-case scenario the voltage seems too high and the temps way way too high...Any thoughts?

Update: I tried to flashback to an earlier version and it didn't work. Has someone noticed that they removed the previous version of BIOS from the website? I also cleared CMOS and it had no effect.


im having similar issue as well. previously running 5.2ghz @ 1.38v, now i can only stabilise 5.1 ghz at 1.4v. sigh

Menthol
Level 14
While everyone's bios settings need to be tested individually mostly due to variables in CPU and other hardware and peripherals more so than the motherboards themselves we don't call each other names or disrespect one another on this forum

That said on my Apex this is the first bios that does not want to run my memory kit at 4266 cl17 with 1t timings, I have to run 2t

Menthol wrote:
While everyone's bios settings need to be tested individually mostly due to variables in CPU and other hardware and peripherals more so than the motherboards themselves we don't call each other names or disrespect one another on this forum

That said on my Apex this is the first bios that does not want to run my memory kit at 4266 cl17 with 1t timings, I have to run 2t


I had the same issue with my Hero VIII. I could run 1T memory command rate with early bios releases but only 2T after later updates.

And this was with several TridentZ 3200 G.Skill memory kits.
Intel i9 10850K@ 5.3GHz
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E
Corsair H115i Pro XT
G.Skill TridentZ@ 3600MHz CL14 2x16GB
EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FWT3 Ultra
OS: WD Black SN850 1TB NVMe M.2
Storage: WD Blue SN550 2TB NVMe M.2
EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2
ASUS ROG Strix Helios GX601

NemesisChild wrote:
I had the same issue with my Hero VIII. I could run 1T memory command rate with early bios releases but only 2T after later updates.

And this was with several TridentZ 3200 G.Skill memory kits.


I'm curious if this is happening because they are changing XMP settings. Was your original setup XMP or did you enter values directly. I believe that the XMP settings change other parameters outside direct memory parameters.
NAME THE SANDWICH: – White Bread, Lots of Baloney, Russian dressing and served with a small pickle.?


Intel Core i7 8700K @5.1 Stable Delidded
Asus Maximus X Code

16 GB
G skill TridentZ DDR4 ​4266 (PC4 34100)
Corsair HX1000i digital
EVGA 1070 GTX TiSuperclocked+
Samsung NVMe SSD 960 pro M. 2
Samsung 860 Pro
Watercooled with EK block radiator fans etc.

Snakeyes wrote:
I'm curious if this is happening because they are changing XMP settings. Was your original setup XMP or did you enter values directly. I believe that the XMP settings change other parameters outside direct memory parameters.


Sames results, with both XMP profile and manual settings.
Intel i9 10850K@ 5.3GHz
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E
Corsair H115i Pro XT
G.Skill TridentZ@ 3600MHz CL14 2x16GB
EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FWT3 Ultra
OS: WD Black SN850 1TB NVMe M.2
Storage: WD Blue SN550 2TB NVMe M.2
EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2
ASUS ROG Strix Helios GX601

NemesisChild wrote:
Sames results, with both XMP profile and manual settings.


Thanks. Good to know
NAME THE SANDWICH: – White Bread, Lots of Baloney, Russian dressing and served with a small pickle.?


Intel Core i7 8700K @5.1 Stable Delidded
Asus Maximus X Code

16 GB
G skill TridentZ DDR4 ​4266 (PC4 34100)
Corsair HX1000i digital
EVGA 1070 GTX TiSuperclocked+
Samsung NVMe SSD 960 pro M. 2
Samsung 860 Pro
Watercooled with EK block radiator fans etc.