Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus X Hero BIOS 1602

reupens
Level 7
BIOS 1602 is now out.
1. Improve system performance.
2. Support the latest 8th Gen Intel® Core™ Processor.

It's still propagating on the support site, so it's only showing for some operating systems.

HERO download:
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/ROG_MAXIMUS_X_HERO/ROG-MAXIMUS-X-HERO-ASUS-1602.zip

HERO Wi-Fi AC download:
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/ROG_MAXIMUS_X_HERO_WI-FI_AC/ROG-MAXIMUS-X-HERO-WIFI-AC-A...
114 REPLIES 114

G_A_B_O_ wrote:
hello! i have upgraded my Bios before using all the methods available, Returned a maximus hero thinking it was the MOBO when i got a dead 8700k through amazon. thinking i had terrbile luck i got my replacement board and intel refunded what i payed for my 8700k. things went smoothly since december 2017. OC's to 5.3ghz (-2AVX) 1.440 Vcore (credits to menthols' settings and patience), 3200mhz ram, prime95 tested for 24 hours. sadly after doing BIOS updates: 0802, 1003, 1101,1301,1401 (using internet through ethernet with temp cable and USB method for the last two.) my luck seeemed to run out. I tried using the revert bios with the light blinking indicating success would always get error code 22 regardless of what i do. swapped all the ramsticks to have 1 at a time each try, tried different brand. Everything was working fine before the failed bios update, i used the flash utility to try and upgrade but it died after it turned off. cant get into bios, cant revert bios etc. I have bought another MOBO and am waiting for it to come. :(. Just a heads up to everyone STAY AS FAR AWAY AS YOU CAN FROM THIS BIOS UPDATE 1602.

Id like to update everyone, I solved my issue many days ago by just switching the LN2 button on the board. Just to clarify as i saw someone changing my story, i saw the progress bar of the EZ flash utility start and went away from the PC to shower came back 15 min later to see a stuck mobo in q code 22.

I think there are a lot of great people here with the intentions to help out, i cant believe theres people that waste time trolling, moving on my overclock is still stable with this bios

PS: ASUS doesnt even have an updated instructions on renaming the .CAP file, and when i called the people who do tech support, they didnt know that either.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]75465[/ATTACH
]75466

G_A_B_O_ wrote:

PS: ASUS doesnt even have an updated instructions on renaming the .CAP file, and when i called the people who do tech support, they didnt know that either.

I know this is an old post, but ASUS does include the information for renaming the BIOS file for the Maximus X mobos. I found it in the user manual. FOr the Hero, the file is renamed to M10H.CAP. It's strange that the tech folks you called didn't know this?

eltoon
Level 7
@Asus Please update the Chipset drivers on the support page. Thanks.

eltoon wrote:
@Asus Please update the Chipset drivers on the support page. Thanks.

Chipset "drivers" are among the least important aspects of keeping your PC up to date.

If you are in actual need of an up to date set with any unknown devices in Device Manager that you haven't been able to find a driver for, the latest pack here can help. I would suggest getting the manual install for CoffeeLake chipset if necessary to avoid unnecessary bloat.

Double Post

cricketbones
Level 7
There is thoughtful insights here...and also an insane amount of wtf.

mijicm1
Level 7
my PC now crashes at stock settings after just trying to run realbench...something is seriously wrong

Deepcuts
Level 10
Updated to 1602. No problems that I can see.

Off topic:
Don't waste your time with emsir.

Deepcuts wrote:
Updated to 1602. No problems that I can see.

Off topic:
Don't waste your time with emsir.

Where is the Admin? Why is emsir still here? He is a troll obviously.

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi everyone,

I do not understand your relentlessness on emsir, he may have said that vulgarly, but what he says is true, it is not because ONE person suffers a particular problem on the 1602 BIOS (which may be due to a manipulation error), that it must be said that this one is broken and tell everyone not to update (especially when it works apparently very well).

Not to mention the different RMAs that G_A_B_O did to Intel, ASUS for handling errors that are his (OC is at your own risk) ...