cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus x code Release/Availability

Leonidas_ee
Level 7
I know this has been asked/posted somwhere around these forums, and the roadmap shows Nov release. But alas November is here, and the last piece of my build, the x code is still just that missing. Anyone including Asus has any news on when this board will be available for pre-order, given we are now in November.
106 REPLIES 106

Raja
Level 13
The board will be released when it's released. It's always been that way and always will be.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
The board will be released when it's released. It's always been that way and always will be.

Someone on the Intel subreddit
has suggested that you've said that the Code has been delayed until mid-December. Can you confirm if this is the case?

DeciderVT wrote:

Someone on the Intel subreddit
has suggested that you've said that the Code has been delayed until mid-December. Can you confirm if this is the case?

I dont recall saying that or giving exact release timeframes. You know how things go on the Internet. Tomorrow, someone on the internet may say "DeciderVT said that he prefers to be called by his real name, which is Father Jimbus." Doesn't make it true. 😄

Just FYI, you can preorder the Formula on casekings website.
This means it wont take long anymore 🙂

Raja, do you know anything about how many boards are on the way? Will the first batch be as limited as the Apex's one?

I have seen multiple reports that the boards are delayed not just the Reddit posts true or not remains to be seen. But it is mid November and the lack of info from ASUS might be an indication that the board is indeed late. May be time to look at other options. All online retailers listing this say no stock and backordered.

Leonidas_ee wrote:
I have seen multiple reports that the boards are delayed not just the Reddit posts true or not remains to be seen. But it is mid November and the lack of info from ASUS might be an indication that the board is indeed late. May be time to look at other options. All online retailers listing this say no stock and backordered.

I am in the same boat as Leonidas, I have all the parts and just waiting on the MoBo. My frustration lies with the lack of communication. I would be really happy if Asus was just more upfront and open about things. Even if it is delayed until December, and then into January. I would rather know that then no communication on it at all. While it is a different market, video game developers used to be this way as well. More and more developers are now giving more communication and it is a better place for that. Even if the update is bad. Anyway, I hope to hear something about the Asus ROG Maximus X Code soon. I really don't want to have to settle for the Hero.

There are more than just us that post here or on reddit or anywhere else that are frustrated with the lack of information. The main issue looks like that intel launched the CPUs too early and so the board manufacturers are behind in their internal roadmap.

I can guarantee they have a target date internally, it is just bad practice to say "we are expecting them to start launching by 11/20" and then 11/20 comes by and a "looks like we have to push back to 12/14" etc etc. Remember that Asus is a publicly traded company, so they do not like having "push back" reports as it hurts their stock.

But good news! The site I linked to a few posts back says their estimated times are from Asus so just keep an eye on there and hopefully we will know more. I would probably bet that the times are not only for Asus having them but for the company to have them available from Asus.

My take is that they are hoping for a pre-Black Friday launch. I wouldn't be surprised if we see one retailer having them first (like Apex and B&H), but it making its way everyone until mid December to early January.

I think the issue here is they already communicated mid November, and then silence. So as far as stock price, if this even affects it, the damage is done if they don't meat the communicated date. The damage for no communication with customers however could lead to people just settling for something else altogether, especially when so much time was vested in getting the processor which was almost impossible to secure. The MSI godlike is starting to look attractive, the downside is I'd have to switch my gpu.

Leonidas_ee wrote:
I think the issue here is they already communicated mid November, and then silence. So as far as stock price, if this even affects it, the damage is done if they don't meat the communicated date. The damage for no communication with customers however could lead to people just settling for something else altogether, especially when so much time was vested in getting the processor which was almost impossible to secure. The MSI godlike is starting to look attractive, the downside is I'd have to switch my gpu.

The roadmap got leaked by a site rather than it being an official communication channel directly to users.

This type of hoo-haa occurs before every product release, and things are always the same. As I said before, if you need a system, you should purchase one. There are some pretty good boards out already.

Hey Raja,

Do you guys tend to announce things as they come out or do you stick to 'announcment days' during the week such as Monday/Tuesdays? Maybe that will help people in regards to the board.