cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus x code Release/Availability

Leonidas_ee
Level 7
I know this has been asked/posted somwhere around these forums, and the roadmap shows Nov release. But alas November is here, and the last piece of my build, the x code is still just that missing. Anyone including Asus has any news on when this board will be available for pre-order, given we are now in November.
106 REPLIES 106

Zander223
Level 7
Leonidas_ee wrote:
I know this has been asked/posted somwhere around these forums, and the roadmap shows Nov release. But alas November is here, and the last piece of my build, the x code is still just that missing. Anyone including Asus has any news on when this board will be available for pre-order, given we are now in November.

Funny you say this. I am in the exact same boat. I wish they would be more upfront on release dates and stuff. I am deciding between the code or formula for my build (leaning more towards code since I wouldn't use the water cooling) But I have everything but the MoBo (the 8700k was so hard to get but finally got one :). I would love more info on when they board will be available. Would also love to know when the ROG Swift PG35VQ will be available. That would just complete my build perfectly and be the icing on the cake. 😉

It is also funny that I'm also waiting on the PG35VQ as well 🙂
And yes I considered the Formula at one point before the i7 8700k hit the market and the 10th gen Maximus was upon us. The differences between the 2 are so minimal now, minus the water cooling, which I won't be using.
It would be nice if I can just pre-order it, it was hard enough locating an 8700k CPU! Now it's all collecting dust without a MOBO!

Leonidas_ee wrote:
It is also funny that I'm also waiting on the PG35VQ as well 🙂
And yes I considered the Formula at one point before the i7 8700k hit the market and the 10th gen Maximus was upon us. The differences between the 2 are so minimal now, minus the water cooling, which I won't be using.
It would be nice if I can just pre-order it, it was hard enough locating an 8700k CPU! Now it's all collecting dust without a MOBO!

I completely agree with you. I wish I could just pre-order it so when it is released it would just come. Would put my mind at ease. And I agree with you as well, if I knew it was going to be 2 months I would of held off going crazy trying to get everything else. I have a 8700K, ASUS ROG Poseidon Platinum 1080ti, A Corsair 570X white case, and a bunch of RGB stuff including memory staring me in the face just waiting for the MoBo. I will cross my fingers and hope something happens in the next week or two. Here's to wishful thinking, lol.

Here is to hoping Raja's reply means this is still coming in November not 1-2 month. And I just bought everything else minus the MOBO. This is irritating waiting for the one piece to operate it all!

I'm also waiting for this one, but if it is not going to release at thanksgiving week or making any further announcement, I will just go ahead to get the Giga's one. Tired to wait for something without any information.

ryanhuang0703 wrote:
I'm also waiting for this one, but if it is not going to release at thanksgiving week or making any further announcement, I will just go ahead to get the Giga's one. Tired to wait for something without any information.

It is unfortunate, such a great MOBO to not be available yet. And I'm a huge ASUS fan. But yeah eventually even previous customers lose patience.

Raja
Level 13
Always give the slides 1-2 months of leeway. They are simply estimations and even when accurate, they don't include shipping or channel distribution delays.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Always give the slides 1-2 months of leeway. They are simply estimations and even when accurate, they don't include shipping or channel distribution delays.

Slightly disappointing since I bought all the parts and waiting for the Code. Here is to hoping it's not a 2 month delay. I might add that I would have probably not spent time looking for hard to find parts (I7 8700k, Asus 1080TI OC) have I known this wasn't coming out in November.

Raja
Level 13
Still three weeks left in Nov, so there's plenty of time.