cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus X Audio Popping

wambo
Level 7
Hi everyone, I've noticed that I get random audio popping while listening to an audio Stream in Chrome while I am browsing other tabs or have Chrome in the background.

I have forced Chrome not to throttle background tabs and have checked that I have the latest drivers. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

The audio sounds great if I have that tab in focus, but as soon as I start browsing another tab, I get intermittent pops. This happens with multiple speaker setups and with headphones on the front IO ports. I'm thinking it is a driver issue. I have all audio enhancements turned off. I see that there are some similar issues with the previous boards but I don't see a consolidated / agreed upon solution.
346 REPLIES 346

Carlyle2020 wrote:
You are on page 30 of this thread.
Statistically i would have to suggest: no.
The board is awesome. Simply buy a sound card. I did and i am happy to have kept my motherboard.

Will not suffice, I found my issue and guess what!! it wasn't the board after all, people having this issue who are not able to fix this problem and have Latency mon showing issues with-in the first couple of mins, make sure your power supply unit ins't as old as mine, I had A HIGH QUALITY POWER SUPPLY THAT COST 300 POUND (Thermaltake 1500 watt) but unfortunately it seems it has had its day.

I took my mobo to get RMA'd when the gentleman at the store told me it wasn't faulty I refused to believe him, I asked if he would kindly demonstrate to me that it was as he put "fine". GUESS WHAT, HE DID JUST THAT. Renewing my faith in the board I decided to change out the power supply as it was the oldest thing in my PC.

Got home, didn't change anything in my PC, plopped the supply in and not had a problem since.

I agree "The board is awesome" but guys be sure your power supply is fit for use before paying for sound cards etc etc.

zollicoff
Level 7

I just started noticing this issue.

I turned the Amplify level down as low as possible and it stopped the popping when under stress. We'll see if it lasts?

Also, I've tried using the audio via HDMI plugged into a TV there is never any audio issues.

Yea started to notice the same thing 7 months ago.I have a rog XI hero.Mainly hear the popping/clicking on youtube and while listening to streams.

Thing is if I clip when it happens on twitch its always in the same spot/time frame  and if it happens in youtube its always in the same timeframe aswell.Does that mean the issue is imbedded in the video/stream itself?Why is it becoming so common all of a sudden.

I even got one of those cheap apple usb dac's that everyone keeps suggesting instead of using the onboard audio and I still kinda hear them.

Yup....same  Maximus XI Hero WiFi. Random subtle but audible pops every now and then...bought this board for the "better" audio...sigh. Wonder if the newer boards also have this problem..I'm skipping ASUS mobos from now on. My MSI with same realtek drivers and codec (much cheaper mobo) doesn't have this problem.

Turned off Fast Startup it seems to happen less now...(i think)

Big Thanks to MoKiChU and everyone else here for all the help

Sadly I already have fast startup off.

I'm also hearing issues with  1225/226nic lan. with latest asus boards.

https://www.reddit.com/r/intel/comments/16lwysm/i225226_nic_still_problems/

I always went Asus with their motherboards but I keep hearing too many issues specifically related to Asus motherboards.I may skip with my next build aswell.

omg ffs... I've always been a huge ASUS fan for everything. Never had this issue with my old Z97 Maximus VII Hero... only started noticing this with Maximus XI Hero. I've tried pretty much every "work-around". Ofc it doesnt happen when i used my friend's Msi board which has the same codec/drivers. I just swapped the mobo while keeping everything the same. No popping whatsoever...maybe its hardware...