cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus X Apex BIOS Voltage Issue

ImpulsePie
Level 7
Hi all,

Having issues with my new Maximus X Apex with both new BIOS versions 0702 and 0802. Set manual or adaptive voltages are ignored with these BIOS versions. Reverted to 0426 and not having any issues again.

Example: set all cores sync to 4.8ghz with adaptive voltage of 1.30v, offset 0.001 LLC 5. Voltage is correct when stress testing all cores max on BIOS 0426, only a little VDROOP down to maybe 1.280-1.296. Voltages are either WAY too high (1.4-1.5v) or droop way too low (1.22v) on new BIOS causing significant drops in CPU speed or crashing with the same settings on 0792 or 0802 doing the same test. It seems like these new BIOS revisions are either ignoring my voltage settings completely, or LLC might be completely broken.

All tests and settings changes were made after fresh “optimise defaults” and starting again, trying both with the built in De Bauer 5ghz adaptive 24/7 profile and changing from 5ghz down to 4.8ghz syncing all cores, dropping adaptive voltage to 1.30 from 1.35 with offset 0.001, IA/AC/DC to 0.001, and also starting from fresh profile and just changing the necessary settings. I am using XMP profile on my 4266mhz RAM which is fully stable, have tried with both MCE on and off.

Anyone else having any issues with these new BIOS revisions and can either confirm or recommend a fix other than reverting back to 0426, or better settings?

Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3

JustinThyme
Level 13
Can you please post up a screen shot of all your BIOS setting pertaining to voltage settings. This is often just a simple solution of something else set incorrectly.
To get a screen shot in BIOS just have a USB drive in and F12.
Also what are you using to measure Vcore? Some 3rd party softwares are not yet fully developed, been a lot of that lately on the new platforms.
Have you considered leaving the offset in auto?

If all else fails I always follow the rule, if it isnt broke, dont fix it. Were you having issues with a previous BIOS?

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Raja
Level 13
ImpulsePie wrote:
Hi all,

Having issues with my new Maximus X Apex with both new BIOS versions 0702 and 0802. Set manual or adaptive voltages are ignored with these BIOS versions. Reverted to 0426 and not having any issues again.

Example: set all cores sync to 4.8ghz with adaptive voltage of 1.30v, offset 0.001 LLC 5. Voltage is correct when stress testing all cores max on BIOS 0426, only a little VDROOP down to maybe 1.280-1.296. Voltages are either WAY too high (1.4-1.5v) or droop way too low (1.22v) on new BIOS causing significant drops in CPU speed or crashing with the same settings on 0792 or 0802 doing the same test. It seems like these new BIOS revisions are either ignoring my voltage settings completely, or LLC might be completely broken.

All tests and settings changes were made after fresh “optimise defaults” and starting again, trying both with the built in De Bauer 5ghz adaptive 24/7 profile and changing from 5ghz down to 4.8ghz syncing all cores, dropping adaptive voltage to 1.30 from 1.35 with offset 0.001, IA/AC/DC to 0.001, and also starting from fresh profile and just changing the necessary settings. I am using XMP profile on my 4266mhz RAM which is fully stable, have tried with both MCE on and off.

Anyone else having any issues with these new BIOS revisions and can either confirm or recommend a fix other than reverting back to 0426, or better settings?

Thanks!

The LLC rules were changed somewhat on these builds, and the SVID behaviour option was also introduced, so the voltage slope will be different. You'll have to retune from the base.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
The LLC rules were changed somewhat on these builds, and the SVID behaviour option was also introduced, so the voltage slope will be different. You'll have to retune from the base.

Good to know. I have found I can’t really get adaptive voltage to work, but I set up again from scratch with a fresh 0802 BIOS and changed to manual mode 1.30V and seem to be getting much more stable results now, a little VDROOP down to a stable level without the large sudden drops or spikes.. I set LLC to 5, all the voltage settings to max for higher power flow, BCLK Aware disabled. I’ll post my final settings a little later if it helps anyone.*