Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus X and NZXT Kracken x61 Issues

Screenbyte
Level 7
Hi All.
Happy New Year

I've just built a new system to replace my trusty 4 year old Rampage IV Formula 3930k

Everything has gone well and the system is flying but my Kraken X61 is causing me some issues.
I can't get the CPU fans to spin up to full speed so I'm having heat issues under load.
I have connected the pump to the CPU fan header and disabled monitoring. (is there any way around that?) but no joy.
The Fan Expert spins the fans too slow even when full speed is enabled.
I tired the cam software twice but on the second install the fan profile option has gone missing for some reason.

Can anybody help please
10 REPLIES 10

Menthol
Level 14
I would suggest not using Cam software, connect the pump to the AIO header on the motherboard and connect the fans to the CPU and CPU-Opt fan headers on the motherboard and let the motherboard control the fans by CPU temperature
Simple and no conflict causing software needed

Menthol wrote:
I would suggest not using Cam software, connect the pump to the AIO header on the motherboard and connect the fans to the CPU and CPU-Opt fan headers on the motherboard and let the motherboard control the fans by CPU temperature
Simple and no conflict causing software needed

Thank you very much. I'll try that now.

That's fixed it 🙂 So pleased as I love this board. Simple when you know how.
Happy New Year To You..

Deepcuts
Level 10
Just pay attention that without CAM, the pump will run at lowest speed possible and will not ramp up.
At least this is how my X62 behaves. Cannot be sure about X61

Menthol
Level 14
Screenbyte glad to hear
If it is controlled by a the AIO header it is default on 100% and any fan header can be set how you want except the white FS headers, if your board is equipped with them they run 100% all the time and cannot be controlled
AIO pumps are usually best left at 100% in my experience but I have only used Corsair and 100% pump speed is around 1500 RPM and cannot be heard over fans

Hi Guys.
Thanks for all the advice, it's all appreciated
After my last post I started testing and hit some terrible temps under load even at stock. 95+
I'm going to redo the cpu today to rule that out and also look at my settings.
I did go off reading though until the early hours (like we do) about possible causes and even read that connecting the pump to a molex instead of the AIO would be b a better option, is there any truth in that idea?

Board is a Hero X BTW.

Menthol wrote:
Screenbyte glad to hear
If it is controlled by a the AIO header it is default on 100% and any fan header can be set how you want except the white FS headers, if your board is equipped with them they run 100% all the time and cannot be controlled
AIO pumps are usually best left at 100% in my experience but I have only used Corsair and 100% pump speed is around 1500 RPM and cannot be heard over fans

These is what i wanted to read. so sad that the kraken is now out of stock here in Panama. so it is confirm that NO usb header pump to aio port pump 100%. these can be achive with any aio cooler with the same ? if so i can get something similar. example corsair 100iv2. is a good example. but the idea of the kraken and a good mod to my case i can use x62
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Menthol
Level 14
On Corsair and others the pump power is connected to the power supply, the other pump wire is for either pump speed control or for monitoring pump speed only, the connection to the power supply SATA or Molex is a requirement for pump operation

Menthol wrote:
On Corsair and others the pump power is connected to the power supply, the other pump wire is for either pump speed control or for monitoring pump speed only, the connection to the power supply SATA or Molex is a requirement for pump operation

Yep i was planning a CLC 240 or H100IV2. since I can not put more with modding. Mentol Happy New Year !
Learn, Play Enjoy!