cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maximus hero xi

1PYTHON1
Level 8
hello everyone..i just bought a hero xi and my old board had only 8 pins for the eatx on the upper left corner..this board has 12..my question is...do i have to run another cable with a 4 pin connector to the eatx-2 connection. sorry if its a dumb question..thanks in advance
28 REPLIES 28

i figured it out..thanks for ur help!

1PYTHON1 wrote:
i figured it out..thanks for ur help!

glad you got it working.

I had to go out for dinner with my family otherwise I would have helped you further.

There are a few things one can do in the situation you were in. You could have booted into the CMD prompt from the Windows 10 installation media and use diskpart to convert the drive to GPT or even disable CSM in the BIOS boot section, including disabling secure boot e.g. Cheers!

thanks for all the help..couple of settings and im running at 5ghz. my cpu sil lottery is 102 and my cooler is 205 in the bios. my temps at idle are a little high i think my voltage needs to be increase slightly..so ill start bumping that up in small increments..again thanks and its great to be back with asus

ran the ai software and my cpu is set at 5.2 ghz..love this board

i updated to 0805 and now i cant get to desktop. set to xmp1...sync cores to 50 and put to boot to uefi. most everything else is left to auto...just like last time. any suggestions

got it fixed..had to reset the cmos..ugh

1PYTHON1 wrote:
got it fixed..had to reset the cmos..ugh

load optimized defaults would have worked too 🙂

1PYTHON1 wrote:
it wont let me delete the partition..it reads..windows cant be installed because its mbr as opposed to gpt...it stops right there

Yip that will do it. Change your partition or let the OS installation set the type.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

RoGHoliday
Level 9
1PYTHON1 wrote:
hello everyone..i just bought a hero xi and my old board had only 8 pins for the eatx on the upper left corner..this board has 12..my question is...do i have to run another cable with a 4 pin connector to the eatx-2 connection. sorry if its a dumb question..thanks in advance

You may have another 8 pin (two 4 pins clipped together) that can be split in half and used in the remaining 4 pin socket. That was the case with my older Seasonic SS-1050XM.