cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus Extreme XI ME FW 0.0.0.0

Peregrinus
Level 7
Ive been having this issue for awhile, Just started digging recently because of the windows 11 changes.

I DONT have a tpm/ptt option in my pch-fw section in the bios, and i think it might be related to the ME FW showing 0.0.0.0

is this likely why the tpm settings arnt showing?

Ive only ever used the first bios, and never tried bios switching, but would switching to the second bios solve this issue potentially?

or is there anything I can do to fix this ME FW 0.0.0.0 on the current bios? I am about 6 months out of warranty sadly, so an RMA isnt possible without cost to me.

any help is appreciated.

i was previously on bios 1802 for the last 2 or so years. but updated to 2004 tonight hoping to fix the TPM issue before i seen the ME FW 0.0.0.0 issues.

i updated everything else i possibly could recently/tonight, the only thing i cant install is the chipset drivers/intel ME. also on the most up to date stable windows 10 build. OS build: 19043.1526 21h1

trying to install chipset drivers/ME engine gives platform not supported, and errors 20 and 620.

Error 20: Cannot locate ME device.

Error 620: Unknown hardware platform.

intel 9900k
maximus extreme xi
1080ti ftw3
and 64gb of corsair dominator RAM
all watercooled, incase you need specs.

if you need any more info please ask, ill update with what i can.
6 REPLIES 6

Peregrinus
Level 7
i read posts saying only way to fix ME FW 0.0.0.0

is to buy a new bios chip? I found one on ebay for $15, but I assume this needs soldering?
reprogram it yourself ( is this something you can DIY or is it very involved )
Or RMA

but I think that was mentioned for boards without a second bios chip?

Jesseinsf
Level 10
Have you tried to install ME firmware from this Asus forum?
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?119020-FIRMWARE-Intel-ME-(H310-B360-H370-Z390)

Jesseinsf wrote:
Have you tried to install ME firmware from this Asus forum?
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?119020-FIRMWARE-Intel-ME-(H310-B360-H370-Z390)

yeah, it gives all the same errors, I was hoping someone here would give me ideas before i actively tried anything else.

this was in my OP:
trying to install chipset drivers/ME engine gives platform not supported, and errors 20 and 620.

that same error pops up no matter what ME update or install file I've tried sadly.

Peregrinus wrote:
yeah, it gives all the same errors, I was hoping someone here would give me ideas before i actively tried anything else.

this was in my OP:

that same error pops up no matter what ME update or install file I've tried sadly.

Have you tried the following: Pulling the motherboard battery and pulling the plug (disconnect the PSU from the wall outlet), waiting 10 to 15 minutes for the board capacitors to drain their residual voltage which in turn should clear the Intel ME volatile memory. Then try to install the latest BIOS which includes the latest ME firmware.

i have the same prblem like Jesseinsf with 0.0.0.0

I have downgraded from bios 2004 to 1903 with no luck !

intel i5 9600 coffe lake 

desktop still works like charm and everything is good 

only problem is that my Samsung Evo 970 plus nVME is reading pci 3x1 trasfer instead of 3x4 cause of missing intel chipset driver that cannot be installed 

thanks a lot

akakios
Level 7

any luck ? 

i have the same prblem like Jesseinsf with 0.0.0.0