cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max XI Hero Post Screen doesnt show on boot

rgoogs
Level 8
Right now I am currently having trouble getting into bios with new XI Hero. I have an Asus Strix 1080 ti plugged in. The only way I can see the post splash screen and access the bios is through the HDMI port from the motherboard itself(with gpu connected to MB but not to monitor). If I try using displayport through the motherboard it doesnt show up. If I use displayport or HDMI through gpu it doesnt show up. I tried going into bios and disabling fast boot. I also tried turning integrated graphics off and setting PCIE graphics to default still no luck with splash screen(this also disables hdmi port on MB). I have to clear CMOS in order to access bios again since those previous settings still dont work. I also updated to the latest bios.

This issue made it extremely frustrating trying to boot for the first time as I couldn't see the post screen at all. I initially had had the displayport plugged into the gpu and got no video out since my hard drives were new and had no OS. I worked my way back essentially removing every component except for one ram stick, and cpu. I then used display port again on motherboard and still no post or video. Then I called asus for support but by this time I switched to HDMI and all the support guy said was switch the ram stick with another one and it posted... even though I had already switched it the ram sticks multiple times. I thought it was weird that it finally worked when I called the guy. I realized later had nothing to do with the ram but actually using the HDMI output from the MB itself.

If anyone knows what might be going on please let me know.
1 REPLY 1

rgoogs
Level 8
Update, by setting primary display to Auto, IGPU multi monitor to enable, and disabling fast boot I can trigger the bios with my GPU but only through HDMI.