cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Asus realtek driver?

Nine009
Level 7
Built a new PC on a Formula Z390 and I'm having a strange issue. When I try to copy and paste it will randomly fail. No matter what I try, doesn't matter what I copy, it'll keep pasting something along these lines:

C:\Users\Owen\AppData\Local\Temp\PRODUCT_NAME_UNKNOWN_CrashDumpPRODUCT_VERSION_MAJOR_UNKNOWN-PRODUCT_VERSION_MINOR_UNKNOWN-2018-11-19--20-09-49_.dmp,.l/"

I thought it was a windows 10 issue, but after searching online I've read that it may be an issue with a recent Asus audio driver (audio driver, I know, strange).

Below is copied from a microsoft forum...

"Same issue and it is related to ASUS Sonic and their realtek driver
C:\Users\Owen\AppData\Local\Temp\PRODUCT_NAME_UNKNOWN_CrashDumpPRODUCT_VERSION_MAJOR_UNKNOWN-PRODUCT_VERSION_MINOR_UNKNOWN-2018-11-19--20-09-49_.dmp,.l/"

Below is the image this user posted showing his findings
http://s23.photobucket.com/user/apics_/media/4b09dbb6-1996-4c93-8a89-3ecb5d1d7f7f.jpeg.html

Anyone seen this or know of a solution?
10 REPLIES 10

SirWaWa
Level 7
copy/paste?
memory issue, check ram

I ran into this issue with only one UAD audio driver. The later ones did not have that issue. Here is a link to the most current UAD Realtek drivers in another thread on this ROG site: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105341-DRIVERS-Realtek-HD-Audio-(UAD)

Download and install those drivers and the issue will be gone/corrected.

same issue here on asus maximus xi hero wifi mobo z390 ... error with copy + paste will appear, when first boot..(40) code on mobo, restarting the PC giving me (A0) code, and the issue is gone.

Clouseau wrote:
I ran into this issue with only one UAD audio driver. The later ones did not have that issue. Here is a link to the most current UAD Realtek drivers in another thread on this ROG site: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105341-DRIVERS-Realtek-HD-Audio-(UAD)

Download and install those drivers and the issue will be gone/corrected.

i am using the latest drivers, and only a restart resolves it.. i might try clean install.

Had it few weeks back. I wasn't sure whether it was Logitech Flow related or OC had messed up something. When I'm done doing OC and stress testing, I always do a clean install to eradicate any hard faults that might have occurred with all the crashing. After format the issue was gone.

The issue appears to be caused by the Nahimic service generating an error which it then copies as text to the clipboard, this copy replaces whatever you have personally copied to the clipboard. I have found that if you disable the Nahimic service and prevent it from running automatically (not sure on the knock on effects of this but so far I seem to have none) then the issue does not arise. I have read elsewhere that this is only an issue if you not logged in on an administrator account, but I have not tested this myself

I had this issue with the latest drivers. One suggestion I found online was to disable Windows fast start-up. This helped, but not completely. Sometimes, for whatever reason, the Nahimic service would still start crashing every few seconds.

This issue is really nasty because generating crash dumps causes some hardware components to wake up. In my case, every crash caused my video card to do a small bit of work. This gradually raised temps until the GPU fans kicked in.

My final solution was to uninstall the Sonic apps and remove the Nahimic service. Interestingly, the RealTek audio console detected this and started showing its own audio effect controls.

ben7272 wrote:
The issue appears to be caused by the Nahimic service generating an error which it then copies as text to the clipboard, this copy replaces whatever you have personally copied to the clipboard. I have found that if you disable the Nahimic service and prevent it from running automatically (not sure on the knock on effects of this but so far I seem to have none) then the issue does not arise. I have read elsewhere that this is only an issue if you not logged in on an administrator account, but I have not tested this myself

it seems to be fixed now with latest sonic studio update from windows store.... cheers!

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
No is not. even i am using 1902(19h1) and problem persist. evetime i turn the computer no sound. no errors. I can see the there is activiti but no sound.

I got 4 board return since people isntall the os, website drivers, and sound crach or BSOD

i try all rams posible

I am using the new drivers. and my board has drivers only and still

or is asus issue or a driver issue

I am target to check if these issue is chip-set driver issue. the only way to make it work is to restart the machine.

A mosfet cap 4 baord!

I will RMA mine in 5 days. BUT these is persistent on 19h1 (1903 windows that is coming en less than 30 days) and the issue persist.

If these is driver issue is not working. if these is chip set issue then the entire z390 is a flop

I hear people tell me that i buy these board cause features. if there is no sound cause a driver issue, then i wil lget a 90 usb board and add my own sound card. i have to send their money and they are right. if installing the original drivers and have bsod or no sound on install even on bios drivers update. then the board is damage. they do not care if these is a MS issue. or a driver issue.

But if realtek is pushing driver after driver after driver. then???? is a z390 issue or a MS issue or a driver issue.
Learn, Play Enjoy!