cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel ME Firmware + Maximus XI Formula Z390

einsindrei
Level 10
Hello,

I hope anybody can help me, which is the latest Intel me firmware version for the maximus xi formula z390 and which was the preinstalled Intel me firmware version?

I'm not sure which I must choose to update 😞
12 REPLIES 12

XYchromosone
Level 10
einsindrei wrote:
Hello,

I hope anybody can help me, which is the latest Intel me firmware version for the maximus xi formula z390 and which was the preinstalled Intel me firmware version?

I'm not sure which I must choose to update 😞

I am not certain which BIOS version your motherboard came out with from factory, but the two BIOS versions at the Maximus XI Formula download webpage have the same ME firmware version:

BIOS 0506 ME FW v12.0.6.1120
BIOS 0602 ME FW v12.0.6.1120

Regarding updating the ME Firmware for the Intel Z300 chipset I strongly suggest that you read the following webpage at the win-raid.com forum:
https://www.win-raid.com/t596f39-Intel-Management-Engine-Drivers-Firmware-amp-System-Tools.html

.... see especially the sections titled "Warning for all CSME v12" and the following "Notice about CSME 12 FWUpdate Tool".

It used to be reasonably straightforward updating the Intel ME firmware upto v11. However, it is a different story now with the Intel Z300 chipset, as MOKICHU explained above.

EDIT: MOKICHU you and I both posted the same information at the similar time, because your post with the BIOS and ME fw versions was not there when I posted this. Cool!

XYchromosone wrote:
I am not certain which BIOS version your motherboard came out with from factory, but the two BIOS versions at the Maximus XI Formula download webpage have the same ME firmware version:

Regarding updating the ME Firmware for the Intel Z300 chipset I strongly suggest that you read the following webpage at the win-raid.com forum:
https://www.win-raid.com/t596f39-Intel-Management-Engine-Drivers-Firmware-amp-System-Tools.html

.... see especially the sections titled "Warning for all CSME v12" and the following "Notice about CSME 12 FWUpdate Tool".

It used to be reasonably straightforward updating the Intel ME firmware upto v11. However, it is a different story now with the Intel Z300 chipset, as MOKICHU explained above.

EDIT: MOKICHU you and I both posted the same information at the similar time, because your post with the BIOS and ME fw versions was not there when I posted this. Cool!

thank you for this information

XYchromosone wrote:

Is there a way to downgrade the original imei firmware version? Because the sellers wrote got since the imei firmware update some bsods:(