cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hero X front panel USB not working

dante_afk
Level 7
68493 68494

Any idea? Are there USB drivers on the DVD? Because I'm not using a DVD drive any longer and there is nothing to download from the support page.
12 REPLIES 12

mrvortep
Level 8
Funny you guys mention this. My front USB ports charge fine, but my portable HDD isn't recognised by the front usb ports, only by the rear ones. Hero X Wifi here, all drivers installed.

AndyBlack
Level 7
Had this exact problem. Yesterday front USB was working, but when I turned on PC this morning, the front USB wasn't working at all. Have my wireless KB+mouse radio plugged into it, and BIOS reported the missing keyboard.
I've decided to clean the case of the dust and change the thermal agent for the video card.
Now, it appeared that the videocard was gone. It's been working fine until I cleaned it. But the front USB wasn't working with it plugged into PCIE slot even when the video card was still working. I removed it and the front USB is working fine now.
I suspect, that any malfunctioning device can cause this glitch. To determine the reason, one needs to unplug everything, including the video card. Use the internal one to test this.

KMBak
Level 7
I have Maximus XI. And have exact same problem from few days. Same error in device managaer. Also very long BIOS post screen (I assume its USB initializing error). Is it possible that is hardware fail?!
K.M.Bak