cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help for RAM overclock (G.Skill Trident-Z 2x16GB - Samsung B-Die)

Wolfdale
Level 7
Hello guys, recently I bought a G.Skill Trident-Z 2x16GB memory kit. Exact model number F4-3200C14D-32GTZSK. The ICs are Samsung's famous B-Die, but so far I'm having issues clocking the kit anywhere higher than 3600MHz. It can boot at 3600/14-14-14-30 @ 1.44v, but anything higher than 3600MHz won't even post, regardless of RAM voltage, SA voltage or VCCIO voltage. I know that given it's density (consisting of two 16GB modules) it won't overclock as good as 8GB B-die sticks, but I feel somewhat disappointed that I can't even hit 3733MHz.

I guess some of the secondary/tertiary timings need to be adjusted manually and I know some boards like Maximus IX Apex have built-in memory presets by Raja, Elmor and other clockers. Unfortunately that's not the case with the Z370-F Gaming I have, but the board still allows setting secondary&tertiary timings manually.

So... I'm wondering if someone could provide help on those secondary/tertiary timings or provide the whole optimized memory preset to type-in manually. Any help will be greatly appreciated! 🙂

So far that's the best I have and it's... disappointing:
23 REPLIES 23

x-rated wrote:
im curious whats your y-cruncher benchmark total computation time with such settings 🙂 multithreaded 2,5 mld digits would be great

Ok, I'll entertain you but you have to entertain me. 🙂

Playing around with CY this morning , I'm fascinated.

All of this is foreign to me , so I need a little breakdown on what are the important numbers and more to the point, where to find the numbers you're interested in?

Couple runs this morning :
1) couldn't pass the 0-1-7 "multithread" with 53/50 (no ht) with my current "gaming settings", but I could do 52/50 without changing anything other than taking the cpu core clock down one notch.

2) I did pass multi at 53/49 with HT on but had to had up the core voltages a bit and set AVX at 2 .....puter not setup for HT.

the AIDA with my 24/7 setup, again, I don't use hyperthreading. 🙂

Thanks in advance for the help

x-rated wrote:
im curious whats your y-cruncher benchmark total computation time with such settings 🙂 multithreaded 2,5 mld digits would be great

Ok did mangae to get some times:

btw ...no 53/50 2.5b ...gonna need LN2 mode for that I venture to guess. However:
All time s are total computation ....
4133 c17-17-17-32 CR1 1.4v ...pretty much the same as 4200 CR2

53/50
1b 53.863
25M .811

52/50
2.5B 153.992
1b 54.4
25m .816

Have screenies

Hi,

I also got a couple of 16gb modules rated for 3200mhz on a T-Top board with four slots. So was wondering what’s the max frequency you guys are getting? *Mine are Gskill TridentZ cL 14-14-14-34 Samsung bdie modules.

Also when you throw numbers like 53/50 what does that mean?

Thanks*

FunknNasty wrote:
ROFL.

Did you read my post? I said 16gb sticks not 8gb ones, and this is the right topic for those.